• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage Squad on Motor Trend TV

...and this-

3.jpg

1969 Dodge Daytona came out today on Motor Trend TV App
Garage Squad

1969 Roadrunner was a few weeks ago
Garage Squad

I just watch an episode where they got an A$ silver Road Runner back together,very cool! I miss Heather on the show,but Christy Lee is a smoke show too!

On that episode with the black Daytona, the owner blabbed about how the car was caught on Police radar doing 176 mph.
Yeah, SURE it was.
No stock Daytona would ever reach that speed, even with 2.76 gears and a Hemi.

I thought they could hit 200, or was that the NASCAR versions?

Yeah...Take a look at the NASCAR versions....Lowered chassis, no body panel gaps, race tires and a 700 HP Hemi.

Once you get over 150, each mph gets exponentially harder to achieve. Just for grins, 150 mph may be doable with a 375 gross HP mill but to get another 26 mph, you'd probably need another 150 HP.

Give anything to experience a top speed run in one of those things...
At Pocono Raceway here in PA, they have a "NASCAR Experience". You can either drive a car yourself or get taken around the track at higher speeds. Of course, these are not with Daytona's or Superbirds, but a buddy of mine did it and he said it was a great time (he drove). He said it was pretty scary going that fast, but super cool.

On that episode with the black Daytona, the owner blabbed about how the car was caught on Police radar doing 176 mph.
Yeah, SURE it was.
Doesn’t everybody have great stories from 40/50 years ago

Like factory 383 Six packs and 440 Hemis

I remember buying my 71 Superbee back in 1984 , I was in high school

Everyone and I mean everyone had me so convinced that Dodge never made a factory 71 Superbee I never saw another one in WI , so I believed them at the time

It wasn’t until the Mopar Nationals many years later

Anyways , stories , we all have stories

Yeah, SURE it was.
The guy was full of ****, like a Christmas goose!!

Yeah...Take a look at the NASCAR versions....Lowered chassis, no body panel gaps, race tires and a 700 HP Hemi.
In Nascar trim the car broke the 200mph barrier with about 550 hp,700hp Nascar engines are what they run these days. The street versions are aerodynamic enough to achieve the 176 speed, not sure that is possible with a stock 440. I think over 150 is possible with enough road though.

The owner's son said they had the ticket to prove it. Now did police radar go that high? I believe he stated they were patrolling that section of highway with a helicopter.

Anyway cool one owner story. I don't know if his dad (the owner) ever left the hospital and got to ride in it or not before he passed. They wrote a memorial at the end of the show for him.

My 383 70 Bee with a 3.55 gear went over 150.

I'm sure a 440 with aero help can go a bit more than that.

Sounds like they hung it up

Motor Trend is not going back into production on the show

Sounds like they hung it up

Motor Trend is not going back into production on the show
No more Garage Squad? That’s too bad if so. It was done in this area. I’ve seen some of the cars around.
Maybe with backorders and shortages it’s impossible to do quick and dirty builds like they did on the show anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back