• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas can pour spouts?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have a good remedy for these present pieces of crap?? I found what's called the Garage Boss that advertise a better spout but haven't seen or used one. https://www.tpgplastics.com/products And no, I'm not advertising for them but looking for something that doesn't require 3 arms and a leg to use!!

Anyone have a good remedy for these present pieces of crap?? I found what's called the Garage Boss that advertise a better spout but haven't seen or used one. https://www.tpgplastics.com/products And no, I'm not advertising for them but looking for something that doesn't require 3 arms and a leg to use!!
Military grade Jerry Can.

You can also get jugs that people use for race cars also.
Need something like a 2 gallon can for my girlfriend to use.....I have a few of the jugs left over from my racing days but those are kind bulky for her. Heck, a full 5 gallon jug is getting kinda heavy for me even these days. Anyways, she has a couple of the smaller cans but seems to be someone keeps losing the spouts or either they are taking them.

Thanx! Didn't even think about that and there seems to be a decent selection. Now if they will only fit the threads. I have several cans and the majority of them have different size threads.

As you can see in this kit, they have the two different types of compatible screw on spout retaining caps.

Ever wonder how they could f up a gas can ? Let the epa and government get involved..!

Thru the miracles of life
I've managed to collect
a few 1 gallon coleman
fuel cans with spouts.
Little did I know the
convienience.
Probably a good thing I
loved camping in my
younger years.

I hate those new safety nozzles. I bought a new 5 gallon can a few years ago for the emergency generator. I managed to get it to work once but never again. Don’t know what the trick is with it. I usually just get a big funnel and remove the nozzle from it and pour it into another gas can or into the generator. Hadn't thought about checking Amazon for an old-style replacement but I will now. Thanks.

I use a battery powered transfer pump. I've got a good one, I forget the brand, and a harbor freight one, that was on sale for $7. (I think normally 12 bucks).
Pickups got a 35 gallon tank, box truck has 60 (two tanks)

20240716_123836.jpg

Tractor Supply sells the normal screw on spouts with the vent. The epa spouts go right in the trash where they belong.

Tractor Supply sells the normal screw on spouts with the vent. The epa spouts go right in the trash where they belong.
Got a fairly new TS that's about 3 miles away....didn't even know they were there until it was finished and opened lol. I found a 1 gallon can in the shop that has a regular spout but she has a riding mower and I know that's not going to be enough. Heck, I used the 1 gallon cans for the mix fuel.

I just take the safety button out and leave the shut off valve. It doesn't evaporate and go bad quite so fast. That safety push button deal is a pain in the azz.

I like the pressure relief valve. It has opened a few times in the summer heat because I store my gas in the garden shed.

stopped at my son's 2 weeks ago cause his mower crapped out...ok, had spark, lets drip some gas in the carb...go to pour some in a cup and his can has one of those wonderful spouts...i'm holding cup and he has the can...pulls back on the spout and it shot gas all over my knee like a blunderbuss cause sitting in the sun built up pressure that couldn't vent

Big fan of VGG here.
I got this as a gift last year.

1722869685639.png

Auto Transport Service
Back