• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey B body buds. Im new here...

Bushhog

Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone...Bushhog or Mark is my name. I have just bought my first Mopar. Its a 68 Coronet 500 convertable. But I have a few problems. The car is clean and nice but incomplete. I was used to always being able to by other makes of vehicles parts very easily. But that changed with this car. I am missing some stuff, most important the interior seats. I thought I would be able to find them but I was wrong. I need help. If anyone has b body convertible seats and other stuff, please let me know. Or at least tell me where to go to find them. I'm starting to have a little buyers remorse, but want to change that.... Thanks in advance

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

I'd highly suggest doing a WTB thread in the proper classified sections
read the rules for posting too, someone may very well have what you need

good luck

Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_5285.jpeg

Hey everyone...Bushhog or Mark is my name. I have just bought my first Mopar. Its a 68 Coronet 500 convertable. But I have a few problems. The car is clean and nice but incomplete. I was used to always being able to by other makes of vehicles parts very easily. But that changed with this car. I am missing some stuff, most important the interior seats. I thought I would be able to find them but I was wrong. I need help. If anyone has b body convertible seats and other stuff, please let me know. Or at least tell me where to go to find them. I'm starting to have a little buyers remorse, but want to change that.... Thanks in advance
Welcome and check out the Marketplace forums. For B Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum

Welcome! 68 b body seats are the same. Except seat stitching for different models of course

First let me introduce you to this thread....

Chargers for sale by crack addicts

After that I can link this set of nasty seat cores & we can all see the connection...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115682801711?itmmeta=01J486E6PFSGG6WNQFTFAXRG7S&hash=item1aef3b782f:g:sa8AAOSwTGtjz1IA&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA0HKuxPs4L7II8ybATF0qAKROC1BsXYRI53i7cM5GAYuqv/Up1r7htDuz8HXqjbAodrRL5lFThx5ZxDBjwiySb6qIHbbUFVsEqYnIIerRGnMBPjCICCzIQKufnOEnLZyuSM5hUSYTDRwyu/wmBnXRFEeqoVZAGd9D7q6srIQwqZKLM8ocDkJAjY/scGzn0hzZ9siBip0unQD4NoUZh+8gwt1TgomHHx3QOSEsA5t3mf6s9DmdECLJCxYhuoEXk8iI2Mku8d66GSEn2A2Mfb5TAzw=|tkp:Bk9SR8rruIaiZA

The good news is vert seats & seat tracks are the same as a hardtop... Plus 68-69 A, B & I believe C seat cores all will work.. You'll need B body tracks, the covers & foam is available

And as 5wndwcpe mention the rear seats are different..

Last edited:
Agreed, but just to be clear, convertible rear seats are different from hardtops.
*facepalm* yup, don't know why I went straight to buckets.. shouldn't text and do timing belts

Oh, and let me be the one who tells you, if you post a WTB thread be very weary of responders.. Many scammers love WTB threads.

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

The convertible back seats are the same (except for upholstery) on all 68-70 B body Plymouth and Dodge convertibles. Its possible that a 66-67 B body convertible back seat MIGHT also fit. Hopefully you have the painted metal trim that goes across the top rear of the back seat that has the retaining strip for the convertible boot attached. Front bucket seats would be the same for 68 and 69 ( 70 would have high back seats). Headrests on the front bucket seats were optional in 68 and up to January 1, 1969 for the 69 model (standard staring 1/1/69). So for 68, you can go with or without the headrests. A and C body bucket seats were very similar in 68 and 69 to the B body buckets. But, I'm not sure if the mounting for the seat tracks is the same or not. With bucket seats, your car may have had a console mounted shifter, or it may have had a column shifter with a folding "buddy" seat between the buckets. Depending on how your car was equipped, that "buddy' seat might be an additional piece you'll be looking for. In 70 (and possibly 68 and 69) some Coronet 500 convertibles came with a split bench seat rather than bucket seats. A look at the number of mounting holes for seat tracks on the floor of your car would indicate if it had been built with a front split bench seat. If so, there were several 66-70 B body Plymouth and Dodge 2 door cars that shared the same basic split bench seat.

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, your parts are out there. Granted convertible parts are harder to find. The best to you on your search.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!!! And all the information. Thanks 1 Wild R/T for trying to actually look out there and try to find me a set of these convertible seats.. But I have already contacted those people and its gone. I will keep searching. But again I need specifically need B body convertible rear seats. It seems like there should be someone known out there to be having everything or just know where or how to find them. But I'm only two days into my search and I'm not giving up yet....

Auto Transport Service
Back