• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Home made Plymouth sign

Spare Parts

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Got a bunch of aluminum letters for scrap.
Made a Plymouth sign for my 61

IMG_0776.jpeg

Nice work....probably a bit big for the trunk lid....but nice. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking put lights inside them.
Maybe for Christmas decoration.
1721816805760.png

I'm thinking put lights inside them.
Maybe for Christmas decoration.
View attachment 1699820
There was a mailbox across town that had a leg like that with the mailbox on top of it. It was there for over 25 years and well maintained I might add. Someone finally had enough of it and it was suggested he remove it. He replaced it with a wringer washing machine to prove a point. Times have changed.

My box is on a leaf spring.
It is directly across from the neighbor's driveway and a kid backed into it years ago.
Knocked it over.
He felt bad but I just laughed and put it back up on top a single long leaf spring.
Now it just bounces.

My box is on a leaf spring.
It is directly across from the neighbor's driveway and a kid backed into it years ago.
Knocked it over.
He felt bad but I just laughed and put it back up on top a single long leaf spring.
Now it just bounces.
Reminds me of the mailbox post my FIL put in some 45-years ago. When we built our house in ’96, nearly 20-years later after he had built his house sharing the same entry road, he extended the top platform to accommodate two mailboxes. Have no idea how deep he mounted the post in the ground, but still stands after at least a dozen hits. The top platform sets over the post on a larger dia pipe and is designed to spin when hit breaking a shear pin install. Has worked nicely, though boxes have been totally destroyed a few times. After he wasn’t capable of doing the fixing anymore, took it over adding a bunch of reflector tape and hi-vis paint as the once rural highway has become crazy-busy over the decades. The frequency of it being hit reduced remarkably; but don’t think 2-3 years go by w/o it being hit. Better than every six-months.

My wife's nephew bought the in-laws house, FIL’s grandson, he’s quite handy…so the latest and next fix is on him. I see the cycle and so far, don't mind...for the most part.

Auto Transport Service
Back