• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurricane Hype?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Geez the local news is really tagging Beryl as a big ole nasty storm. It's not even 25% of what Ike was and I sure don't recall that one being hyped as bad as this little thing is. It does seem to have a bit more rain than Ike as Ike was a fairly dry storm but Ike filled up the whole Gulf of Mexico and more. As of right now Beryl is a strong TS as far as wind speed is. If they keep on with all of the hype, people are going to quit paying attention to the weather guessers and especially so if it comes in as a whimpering puppy instead of a big old bad dog!

Slow news day
:lol:

Next up: UFO sightings

The media has gone from reporting the news, to creating hysteria, pretty sad. Hopefully you and your family stay safe and share some of that rain with the rest of Texas :lol:

Just huddle up with someone under an umbrella
1720359108505.png

The media has gone from reporting the news, to creating hysteria, pretty sad. Hopefully you and your family stay safe and share some of that rain with the rest of Texas :lol:
Looks like the rain will be spread out.....the guessers are saying we should get a little over 4" in my area which isn't all that much unless it comes down in an hours time. And I just noticed your location LOL

Looks like the rain will be spread out.....the guessers are saying we should get a little over 4" in my area which isn't all that much unless it comes down in an hours time. And I just noticed your location LOL
We have the cantex pvc plant in town, every once in a while you get a nice warm plastic smell in the air, hence the nickname :lol:

I can see it from here.
1000011356.jpg

They are calling it a high impact storm.....it was pretty bad for most of the islands though but it was a C4 at one point but right now, it's not even a C1 but is supposed to be before in comes inland. We'll see. I'm right on the edge of the winds being higher than 58 mph. The tornado that came close to my place last year put up 75 mph winds here. It was an EF3 and a little over a mile away.

They are calling it a high impact storm.....it was pretty bad for most of the islands though but it was a C4 at one point but right now, it's not even a C1 but is supposed to be before in comes inland. We'll see. I'm right on the edge of the winds being higher than 58 mph. The tornado that came close to my place last year put up 75 mph winds here. It was an EF3 and a little over a mile away.
Like they say here "be weather aware".

Like they say here "be weather aware".
I already know a lot of people that never pay attention to the weather and then are surprised they got caught in a bad rain or worse. I got used to watching when I rode a bike and still do even though I haven't rode in a pretty long time.

We have the cantex pvc plant in town, every once in a while you get a nice warm plastic smell in the air, hence the nickname :lol:
Pasadena had the nickname of Stinkadena when the paper mill was still around. I'm glad that thing is gone but it did provide jobs. There's lots of chem plants and refineries around where I am but since they all went to mechanical seals many years ago, the smells are all but gone. Every now and then, the sirens go off (glad they aren't that close to me!) when there's some kind of a release. One of the bad boys is about 7 miles east of me so lucky the SE breeze carries that mess away but every once in awhile the wind is out of the east and that's when you can smell it pretty good.

And here I thought merely a friendly suggestion for a comfortable way to endure inclement weather..........
Too many times though someone will post up something that's a bit harder and it gets the snowball rolling.....then one of us has to come and sweep them away.

Auto Transport Service
Back