• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I call BS on GYC!

When my car had the Plymouth front leaf spring brackets in it,the wheels were closer to the front of the wheel well openings, as you discribed. After I put the Dodge Charger brackets in the wheels were centered in the openings. The Dodge brackets were visably longer than the Plymouth brackets,when compared side by side.

shouldn't the Dodges sit higher in the rear if they are using the same spring compressed into a smaller length from eye to eye?

...or are the rear hanger mounts different as well?

The shackles in the back pivot, so ride height would not change.

THat was something that I wondered about before. The way they altered the wheelbase.
Do the 66-70 B body cars all share the same dimensions? I mean center to center of the K member mounts to the torsion bar crossmember, to the rear frame rails, the front mounts of the leaf springs, etc.
For years I ran Super Stock spring hangers in my '70 Charger. I drilled a hole up high on the bracket to effectively lower the car. I later decided to raise the car and needed brackets. I had parted out a '68 Satellite Station Wagon and used those. The tire was really close to the leading edge of the wheel opening. I had to rummage around and was able to find another pair of brackets that had the spring eye mounting hole further back. I never knew exactly why there were different sizes. I've parted out A-Body cars and thought the hangers were from some Duster or Dart. Now I wonder if they were the original ones from my car!
I thought Plymouth was 116" wheelbase while Dodge was 117" on the b-body for those years. Cuda and Challengers were different as well.

Thats what I said, the B body Dodge is 117 inches, and the Plymouth is 116 inches. On the B body the front leaf spring brackets are 1 inch different in length. On the E body, the Dodge is 110 inches, and the Plymouth is 108 inches. On the E bodies the actual body of the Dodge is two inches longer than the Plymouth.

Auto Transport Service
Back