• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I heart '70 Coronets.

A member had this brochure posted in his album. I haven't come across any pics of 1970 Coronet R/T's with the red trim around the grille. The red didn't make it onto the production cars??

The R/T badge on the side scoop appears to sit proud while I've seen pics where it's recessed into the scoop??

I hand painted red trim around the grill of mine.
The grills are worth their weight in gold. They can fetch 1500 per side or more.
CI is making repops. I need to get one because as one would suspect they are backordered.
My only complaint is that they didn't come from the factory in Curious Yellow.
:lol:

Hmmm.

This Super Bee has a flat section between the front bumpers:

4.jpg

whereas, this R/T has a pronounced V. Learning something new...I love it :)

1970-Dodge-Coronet-RT.jpg

The 500's got the simulated chrome side scoop, the R/T's got the R/T scoop and the Super Bee got nothing? Rallye dash R/T only, so I've found.

C stripes available on both R/T and Super Bee? Much to learn.....:)
C-Stripes Super Bee only.
Dual Scoops could be had on either R/T or Super Bee.
440 4-barrel R/T only

Dual HOOD scoops, yes? Not side scoops (they have the R/T badge on them)....or were side scoops available sans badges?

I prefer the Power Bulge hood over the dual scoop hood myself with the C stripe.

....The grills are worth their weight in gold. They can fetch 1500 per side or more. CI is making repops. I need to get one because as one would suspect they are backordered....

Yowza.

Do you know whether the front bumpers are changeable side to side?? Just flip them over, or are they handed?

Edit: Figured it out, bolts are on the bottom so can't flip them.

Here's another brochure pic with red trim around the grille, this time on a 500. Yet to see a pic of an actual car with red trim, though.

dodge-coronet-500-1970_ad.jpg

its like sticking your foot in ice cold water for the first then you get use to it ,there a love or hate ,I prefer the 1970 RR but have really started to like the 70 Super Bees:lol:
sc0517-282911_12.jpg
c1970-dodge-coronet-rt-convertible.jpg

its like sticking your foot in ice cold water for the first then you get use to it ,there a love or hate ,I prefer the 1970 RR but have really started to like the 70 Super Bees:lol: View attachment 446771

I agree. I have a 70' Road Runner project car but I would trade it for a 70' Coronet or Super Bee project any day. Or even a 69' Coronet or Super Bee also.

70fm3bee5.jpg
this was on ebay for sale not sure what it ended up brinig but was a start for someone:rolleyes:

Slow down snakeyes :)

That B5? blue one in post #30....they're '69 side scoops??

Auto Transport Service
Back