• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I heart '70 Coronets.

Yeah, I think I can live without the custom hoods and wild wheels.

Screenshot-1.png
00a0a_9dgeO8ARFV9_600x450.jpg

well its pick your poison (Color Combo):lol:

Cool....now go back to post 34 and help me out if you can!

every one has there spin on what they like some add too much and some not at all ,individualize:thumbsup: your car how you like it

I personally have my favorite color combo B-5 with white int. 1st, 2nd is Black with red stripes

As long as they don't have skinny tires in the back, the look is much better.

Not truly a one year only style any more than 68 or 69 is as there's a lot of interchange all three years and even some with 66/67.

LOTS of debate about that bumper filler piece. Chrome vs painted.
They are the same shape, the angle in the pic is misleading.
Rallye dash absolutely WAS available on Bee in 1970, even wood grain.

For 70 you got the first wave of what's arguably called "boy racer" things that weren't available in 69- tuff wheel, pistol grip, rallye wheels, go-wing, etc.

Mine was top banana with black int, top and tail stripe. Looked just like the cartoon Bee.

......LOTS of debate about that bumper filler piece. Chrome vs painted.
They are the same shape, the angle in the pic is misleading.
Rallye dash absolutely WAS available on Bee in 1970, even wood grain....

I got that Rallye info from somewhere.....then I found this:

rallyeinfo.jpg

So the R/T had the Rallye package as standard. I'm a little confused as to what the Bee scored.

Hmmm.
This Super Bee has a flat section between the front bumpers:
whereas, this R/T has a pronounced V. Learning something new...I love it​
On the front end items:
That F4 car looks photoshopped with a little touchup on the car. A center bumper section without the crease doesn't exist. Also, if your Super Bee or R/T has the painted applique then you are definitely NOT wrong. A Super Bee with chrome center apparently is still debated sometimes.

The red line grill and non-recessed R/T scoop badge is probably from a pre-production car. Just like Cuda's marketing cars had some discrepancies, some planned items never made it to mass production.

Also, I am a believer that the grill "Dodge" emblem was not designed to be in the SB or R/T. But the line may have grabbed whatever grill was handy, and over time owners replaced damaged grills with whatever was around, usually from 440's, so that muddied the memories and picture examples of grills.

Last edited:
20170221_103215.jpg

Here is a pic of mine sans engine. It has the chrome between the bumpers but began its life as a 500 so who knows
20170215_182336.jpg

I need to some fine tuning on the gaps in the grills but I like the red line. It goes nicely with the red line tires.

Also have to decide whether to install my Ramcharger setup and Go-Wing.
I'm about a week away from starting in on her again

I dunno. They're weird lookin' beasts.
Anyone else here similarly afflicted?
I got the plague. Any Mopar lover is a little off-kilter anyway. To love a 70 Coronet is someone who even rebels from that herd. It's like you and your wife have brown hair but loving your middle child who has red hair and freckles.

Once you get rid of those 14" and put some meats on them, they are the meanest looking sons a bee-atches.

Auto Transport Service
Back