• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I heart '70 Coronets.

70 Coronet RT Advert. #2.jpg

Please......nothing smaller than 800x600 Budnicks.

My necktop microscope is inoperative :)

Get ready to pound out and frankenstein the sheetmetal, repro specific to 70 ain't all there!
Front bumpers are around here and there, rear are like bigfoot. Grills.
R/T & 500 3panel taillights are scarce, as well as rear finish panels.
Real ramcharger hoods. Deck lids. Valance. Potmetal quarter extensions.
Grills. Non-beat up front turn signals. Grills.
Thankfully, some brightwork and emblems are being repro'd.
Did I say grills?

There are many others, but I don't want to say because those prices will skyrocket if sellers read this!

Ok, I ever never considered that the rear end metal might also be one year only.

Classic do sell the grilles at $900ish a pair....sure, not cheap....but at least available.

I always liked that front end,
but it is a love it or hate it seemingly...

My favorites
Almost any 62-71 {72} B-body are nice,
my personal favorites are 68 across the line,
but like them all...
IMO 69 & 70 was some of the wildest especially color wise...

That's what I've been told my whole life, but sales records say different.
The Coronet platform outsold the Satellite platform in all aspects if I'm not mistaken.
Go to the back of a Classic Industries catalog

Got a few of those catalogs, so I did :).

proddy1.jpg

Pulled from allpar.com for 1970:
Belvedere, Satellite 92,383
Road Runner, GTX 51,152
Coronet 103,395
Super Bee, R/T 18,121

^^^^Clearly the numbers are wrong somewhere as the two sources don't agree.

Can anyone shed further light on 1970 Coronet production figures?

Love em. 500 BB with Air. Man oh man.

Classic do sell the grilles at $900ish a pair....sure, not cheap....but at least available.
They're classified as "long term ETA, date unknown" by OER (the manuf) as of April. Most of us piece together a few of them. I have like 5 now waiting to mend into 2.
Clearly the numbers are wrong somewhere as the two sources don't agree.
Can anyone shed further light on 1970 Coronet production figures?
I thought I read that total "official" numbers were inconsistent anyway, which is why breakdowns are in percentages. It seems no one likes to list exactly what sources they pull numbers from. I rely on Coronet numbers at http://www.glenwood76.com/Coronet_Production_65_76.htm

Last edited:
I'm looking for the owner of a 70 Coronet RT Six Pack car that came from the factory in Bahama Yellow. I have the original Dana 60 (3.54).

20170614_211529.jpg

I've always trusted CIs numbers.
70 was a down year for B-bodies across the board.
R/T Coronets and GTXs were especially low production.

I always liked that front end,
but it is a love it or hate it seemingly...
My favorites
Almost any 62-71 {72} B-body are nice, my personal favorites are 68 across the line, but like them all...
IMO 69 & 70 was some of the wildest especially color wise...
I love 65ish-69 for all Big3 makes, how can't anyone. For some reason though, I'm odd and gravitate to 1970 when model sales started to downturn. My favs are 70 Cuda/Coronet/Bird. I'd love to also have other blood like a 70 C10/Vette/Mangusta (ok well any year)/Firebird.

Strange, because I was just a liquid with a tail in 1970.

Right.

So they didn't make a 440ci four barrel Super Bee. 383 four barrel or 440 six pack only (Hemi mainly single digit production, so probably none left).

Damn.

Auto Transport Service
Back