• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If You Grew Up in the 1970s – You Remember...

"On the way, I spotted 3 teen boys on bikes with finishing poles. Rare occurrence around here"

Yes, indeed a rare occurrence!!! Never seen one myself but I bet it was a sight to behold!!! :poke::poke::poke::lol::lol::lol::usflag::usflag::usflag:

49er here so the 50 and 60s were my time period. In the 70s I was away in the service so missed a lot of those early years. But when I was stationed at Charleston AFB SC, every year in springtime, me and my buds would head down to FL and take in the sights. Grand time back then but not so much now a days...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

1956 here, so most of it happened in the sixties and 70's. My life was standard equipment, just like the video. Thumb a ride was one way to get around. Why do we miss those days, because we mostly miss the innocence, better people and a live and let live attitude. We were poor and worked hard, not killing and stealing from others. People stole those days from us.... thanks for sharing!!

My Sears bike, man, I loved that bike!!
20210923_202017.jpg

I was the youngest of 7 kids and we didn't have a lot of money. That meant most of what I got was handed down. No Stingray bike with the banana seat. Hand me downs were usually beat to death and we had to fix and maintain whatever my older siblings grew tired of. We also had to do chores which gave me spending money to pay for rocket and car model kits. If we had leftover money it was off to the local Dairy Queen for a milkshake. Once I was old enough I got a paper route. I saved up and bought a fancy stereo system for my bedroom. When I turned 15 I got a job running a ride at an amusement park, and got my driver's license later that year. When I was 16 I got a license to drive a school bus. I had a school bus route in my Jr and Senior year in High School. Yes, things were different. The minimum age to run a ride at an amusement park now is 18 and I think you have to be 21 to drive a school bus.

Auto Transport Service
Back