• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this BS?

It would be helpful when members want to share something to CUT AND PASTE THE ENTIRE ARTICLE INSTEAD OF POSTING JUST THE LINK TO THE ARTICLE.
Many sites have obtrusive ads or blockers that won’t let you read anything without joining, subscribing or disabling my own ad blocker.
And many links die at some point in the future.

In the Savannah, Georgia area you can pretty much do whatever stupid thing you want to do. However, I have noticed a precipitous drop in the number of pick-up trucks and SUV's with the front end way up and the back end way down. Maybe they're in the junkyard after losing control?

No more Carolina squat as they call it? Or the dog dragging its butt on the rug look! That was so stupid!

Last edited:
It would be helpful when members want to share something to CUT AND PASTE THE ENTIRE ARTICLE INSTEAD OF POSTING JUST THE LINK TO THE ARTICLE.
Many sites have obtrusive ads or blockers that won’t let you read anything without joining, subscribing or disabling my own ad blocker.
Jesus Greg, I never thought I would see the day when you turned into a Karen. Age must be catching up to you. :lol:
Links rock, less text to clutter up the site. Once a link is dead there will be 5 more to follow these days.

My brother got a ticket for having the road lamps on his 440/6 70 Cuda
and had to remove them to get citation corrected and signed off.

The only infraction posted in the link that I raised
an eyebrow to was the one for painted engine
components.

Anybody believe these are real violations anywhere?
Anybody ever gotten a ticket for one?
There are like 15? here, other than a few like overly dark window tint and overly lifted hydraulic suspensions, this is an AI joke article, correct?

MSN
Excessive tint on front side windows is definitely illegal in Michigan.

If the hitch is over, I think 8 inches you can get a ticket here. If someone rear ends you with the hitch in, you might get the ticket.
I was Riding my Harley down I 10 in Mississippi one day when the truck in front of me lost his 3 way hitch out of the receiver. It was bouncing down the road like those Jax you used to play with as a kid. I was juking the bike to avoid it . It took a big bounce literally went over my shoulder and hit the car behind me in the grill. When I finally stopped It took 5 minutes to get off the bike because my *** sucked in so hard it was stuck to the seat!

The only infraction posted in the link that I raised
an eyebrow to was the one for painted engine
components.
The link's claim that racing 4+ point harnesses are less safe than OEM belts. makes sense to you?
Or car too low, or wide tires, or "Law enforcement officers may issue citations or fines to drivers with improperly installed racing seats, and some jurisdictions may require the removal of the illegal modifications before the vehicle can be deemed roadworthy."? Sorry, that is BS.

Super dark tint is very popular in FL.

I've seen tickets issued personally.

Improperly installed seats or non certified belts can be an issue, too.

I did get let off for riding in a chase lounge lawn chair once in the passenger's side of my friend's 77 Fury, but I got a seat belt warning!

The link's claim that racing 4+ point harnesses are less safe than OEM belts. makes sense to you?
Or car too low, or wide tires, or "Law enforcement officers may issue citations or fines to drivers with improperly installed racing seats, and some jurisdictions may require the removal of the illegal modifications before the vehicle can be deemed roadworthy."? Sorry, that is BS.
I got hassled by cops for this once when wearing a (5 point) harness on the street. The issue they had wasn't that it was less safe, but that seatbelts are required to have DOT approval markings, and harnesses generally don't. I got away with it because the OEM three point was still in the car and I put it on (over the race seat, so clearly LESS safe) and they let me go with just a verbal warning. Which I ignored about a mile later and put the harness back on.

Whether a 4 point is less safe is debatable. Unless specifically designed against it (like Schroth belts), they're prone to letting you submarine under the lap belt. That's why they're not generally allowed in racing, where 5/6 point belts with an anti-sub strap are required.

I got hassled by cops for this once when wearing a (5 point) harness on the street. The issue they had wasn't that it was less safe, but that seatbelts are required to have DOT approval markings, and harnesses generally don't. I got away with it because the OEM three point was still in the car and I put it on (over the race seat, so clearly LESS safe) and they let me go with just a verbal warning. Which I ignored about a mile later and put the harness back on.

Whether a 4 point is less safe is debatable. Unless specifically designed against it (like Schroth belts), they're prone to letting you submarine under the lap belt. That's why they're not generally allowed in racing, where 5/6 point belts with an anti-sub strap are required.
Yes I agree on the 4-point issue, but nobody with a badge comprehends that.
And I fully agree with what DOT requires for car to be sold new, I question, where is it specified that every DOT original requirement must be in place for the life of the car, and EPA stuff is clearly required. Tags on pillows comes to mind. :lol:

Florida statues seem to imply enforceable seat belt certifications began around 1984, and seat belts were not even Federally required until 1968

Chapter 316 Section 614 - 2020 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Last edited:
And I fully agree with what DOT requires for car to be sold new, I question, where is it specified that every DOT original requirement must be in place for the life of the car, and EPA stuff is clearly required. Tags on pillows comes to mind. :lol:

Florida statues seem to imply enforceable seat belt certifications began around 1984, and seat belts were not even Federally required until 1968

In Washington state motor vehicles have to have seat belts that conform to 49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.208 (Federal Register :: Request Access)
It appears as though that CFR only regulates back to 1972 though, so anything prior to that would be exempt I imagine, though I wouldn't expect cops to know or care.

1726366590179.png
Racing and exhibition of speed are described as unlawful acts of driving in the public roads in a competitive manner or demonstrating the capability of the car. :carrot:

Many of these laws became
prevalent when hot rodding
was born. Sad to say the
laws born back then cling
to enforceable infractions
in todays world. Most cops
aren't into rebuilding a rusted
out hulk that was drug home
from a salvage yard.
How many here remember
check points set up by