• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It is a bit toasty out there.

121 degrees...now that is some heat. Still, though, try what we used to call Africa Hot or Mid East Hot!!! If ya never have experienced it, then you do not know what HOT is!!! Going to hit the low century mark here in NW Nevada for the rest of the week and into the weekend. Dry heat it is but it is uncomfortable even at 5100 ft where I live...Stay cool and frosty my Friends...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

I like it about 85*f with 25% humidity, like early fall & early spring

up here it's about 100*s
the prognosticators say it's 105*,
I'm at a min. of 12 miles east, 1,100ft+ higher too
of where they measure that temp downtown probably on the asphalt
& where the suns reflection is beating down on the tarmac
allegedly I read a while back they take most temps on areas
that have an airport, the temps are at the airports

they claim it will still be 90*s at 8 pm tonight,
I hope we get some wind to cool it down at night
or I have trouble sleeping, too costly to run the A/C 24/7 now
with the 40% higher PG&E
(I'd bet it's more like 70% higher, to the end user now)

rest of the week into next week it's supposed to be
Fri. 106* Sat. 106* Sun. 106* Mon. 105*
so probably actually about 100*f here

Hell when it gets over 100*s
110* doesn't feel much different than 100*s

now 121* would, screw that ****

that low humidity is a big fire hazard up here

the wind is the big issue in the valley/& them flatlanders starting fires
lots of fires in the valley lately

I'll take this heat,
over 10* - 20*s & 50%+ humidity, cold *** winter
& having to got out shoveling 4' of snow,
give me summer, any day anytime

Above 40* & to about 85* is fine with me...

Passed one of those time/temp billboards at a restaurant in town, a couple hours ago.
It said 3.46 p.m. 123°.
Not sure it was that hot, weather site said it was,only 121° .

94 and humid here today and a massive storm with torrential rain hit only for about 20 minutes and dropped 21 degrees in 15 minutes..... Now 78 and back to humid as Fu&K!

Rapid changes in the weather rarely ever happen here. Humidity is rarely ever an issue. When I read or hear of you guys dealing with "heat indexes" or sudden drops in temperature, it might as well be written in Spanish because it is foreign to me.
99-100 here today and I spent the first part of the day with a friend working on this car:

1720577793121.png

The aftermarket A/C needs to be finished and filled.

Been in the 90's for about 3weeks here now; rain has all but dried up as well.
The good news is that all the lakes and reservoirs are chock full.
The bad news is it was all I could do to get the joint mowed today in 93 degree high-UV heat...
Fair-skinned redheaded boys ain't much for such nonsense. :)

I've been working pretty much every day....... 2-3 hour shifts....... my production is about 50%, it really sucks

it's not much better at night, the humidity gets to like 99%

Makes me want to invest in one of those "mini-split" units for the garage...

Those are some hot temps for sure! Low humidity or not that would suck. Worse if you’d add the humidity!

We’ve been in the high 80’s with the humidity level pegged at 100%! 90 the last couple days with the humidity! My heat pumps on dry are working overtime. My dehumidifier’s are filling up in just a couple hours of run time! Love the summer but this is what I call GAG! Just drains you!

It's the usual central coast stuff here. Low to mid 60's, overcast, opens up some, closes back down, wet deck overnight. Which means that east of the local mountain range its hot as f...! On the 4th I took the dogs to the beach. There were several clear days before and after. Now it's back to our normal. A/C not needed but the doors and windows are open during the day to keep it aired out due to the coastal moisture and furry buddies.

IMG_5155.jpeg

IMG_5156.jpeg

IMG_5157.jpeg

IMG_5165.jpeg

No wonder the cars from Arizona don't have any interior left in them! I was at Disney Land once with my
Kids when it was 103 with very low humidity and I could feel the danger! It's only in the 80's and 90's with
high humidity so it's rough outside for me! Lucky for me I'm remodeling a bathroom right now so I only
need to go out to cut some 2 X 4's or drywall. Soon it will be the tile saw out on the deck. I feel sorry for
all of you that are in much more beautiful parts of the country than I am but have to endure this heat!
Keep cool and take care of yourselves!

No wonder the cars from Arizona don't have any interior left in them! I was at Disney Land once with my
Kids when it was 103 with very low humidity and I could feel the danger! It's only in the 80's and 90's with
high humidity so it's rough outside for me! Lucky for me I'm remodeling a bathroom right now so I only
need to go out to cut some 2 X 4's or drywall. Soon it will be the tile saw out on the deck. I feel sorry for
all of you that are in much more beautiful parts of the country than I am but have to endure this heat!
Keep cool and take care of yourselves!
You and many others get to have Tornado's, huge hail etc. No matter where you are in the country, there's always something. For us, we had enough of the heat, humidity, extortion rates for power, fire dangers. It was time to get back up here after 22 years of that.

I spent my youth in north tex dodging storms and hiding in holes in the ground. 6 years floating around the worlds oceans and the last 30+ in AZ. I've learned to embrace the topography as a solution. I can drive 2hrs north and be a mile high and 30 degrees cooler. Or drive an hour or 2 and be in the boat on a lake with water in the 50s-70s. 4hrs to Mexico beaches ir 6hrs to San Diego. Oh car cruise weather is normally Oct to June. And my car might need new seat covers every 10 years but it'll never lose a panel to rust nor salt.

Auto Transport Service
Back