• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It is a bit toasty out there.

Heat is tolerable if your body can dissipate it. When it's humid though, that's it for me. Why I could NEVER live in the southeast or Florida. You can keep that mugfest.

@super-bee_ski

What's it like out there in the Mojave? Hope you're stayin cool and safe!
I'm not superbee-ski, but I am in the Mohave. Supposed to be 121 again today. 106 I think right now.
We get up before sunrise, get done what we can outside while it's only in the nineties, and call it quits around nine.
The dogs wanna play all day anyway, but the play sessions outside get really short.
Come in the house a/c at 80 or so from 120, it feels like a meat locker.

I've never paid much attention to humidity. One of those old sayings is you know you're from Colorado if everywhere else feels humid. We are known for low humidity levels year round. I checked the forecast for today, 7-10-24 and our high will be 82 degrees with 15% humidity. I've mentioned this countless times but you are all welcome to visit a stay here, I've got lots of room. I noticed almost all the snow is melted on the top of Pikes Peak.

I'm not superbee-ski, but I am in the Mohave. Supposed to be 121 again today. 106 I think right now.
We get up before sunrise, get done what we can outside while it's only in the nineties, and call it quits around nine.
The dogs wanna play all day anyway, but the play sessions outside get really short.
Come in the house a/c at 80 or so from 120, it feels like a meat locker.
I'd be a mess. I don't get up before 10:00 much anymore.

Last night I was catching my Cubs playing the Orioles and it was in the 90s with 90% humidity the whole game. Every player on the Cubs had 6 - 8 jerseys and would go back into the clubhouse, and change during the innings and after. I am not a fan of the humidity at all having grown up in it, and traveled to humid lands in the AF so I avoid it at all cost. We are in the high 90s, and low 100s here in northern NV so the AC is set at 73 and runs a lot. I have Solar now and battery B/U so my costs are around 39.00 to 42.00 per month. And should the grid go down, then I am covered so I win either way. The neighbor's bill was 235.00 just for electricity!!! Don't know how they do it??? cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Just arrived at the campground in Carlisle. 97 degrees, feels like 106.
Typical weather for here in July.
Hazy, hot, and humid - beer weather for sure.
Let the festivities begin

it's a dry heat :blah: :blah: :blah:

so is my oven :D

I can count on 1 hand the number of 100 degree days I've seen in my 59 years here, and probably have 2 fingers to spare....

90 is considered hot here, 95 is very hot
IMG_4784.jpeg

It was not a dry heat today.

It was 97 when I left Carlisle this afternoon and sadly the humidity was higher... :rolleyes:

107 out there now. I came in to feed the dogs. I was in the shop washing the red car....

IMG_5049.JPG

Passed one of those time/temp billboards at a restaurant in town, a couple hours ago.
It said 3.46 p.m. 123°.
Not sure it was that hot, weather site said it was, only 121° .
& the temps measured where there's acres of asphalt,
& or building skewing the numbers & reflecting the heat

our prognosticators here are usually of by 5*s-10*s or more higher
they measure most temps at the airport,
lots of tarmac absorbs heat like a Mo-fo & glass for reflection
sort of a normal practice in many states to measure it at an airport
why I have no idea

Hot here too, all rain made it humid as hell.
Been in the small loader(big loader sinks in) for most of the week.
Running the grapple, cause people get a chain saw and wanna play with it instead of leaving the tree, and bark mulching, glad we have college kids to spread it out.
PXL_20240708_160050469.MP.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back