• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ive finally got my dream car

smb03

Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
since i was a kid ive always wanted a 68 r/t charger, just the meanest looking car in my opinion. i went up to central cali to buy a 68 base model shell and came home with 3 68 chargers after finding 2 in a relatives wrecking yard. one being a 68 r/t 440. so of course im building the r/t first haha.
even on its 500 mile journey i had to stop for food once and a guy asked if it was for sale, "nope, just bought her" haha.
well anyway she's up and stripped already so it can go to blasting. although this car is probly going to take a year cuz its not a money making car, gonna be my personal one.

the bad:
trunk pan rust
lower 1/4 rust
rear valance rust
driver front frame rail bent up 1"
grill destroyed
driver fender destroyed

in yard.jpgbefore1.jpgforklift.jpgstripped.jpgstripped2.jpgstripped3.jpg

.....my god man! What a ride! It will be worth the journey my friend.

Sweet, my dream car as well. Better start hunting that grill right now "they are expensive". Keep us posted

Good job saving that car!
Hope you post progress pics.

yea i know, ive already tracked down 2 sets of doors, 2 sets of fenders and 2 hoods cuz 2 of the cars need them but the crappy part is all 3 cars need grille's...dang man why could they of just been wrecked in the back lol

Hey best of luck bud. She's gonna be a beauty. My personal favorite charger model year with the round taillights and that front grill. Keep us posted.

Awesome job! I salute you for saving it! I think it will be funn to watch it come together.

mike

kool post some photos of the others

nice work restoring what is prob the coolest of all the b bodys.i sure do miss mine,been 20 years or so.keep us posted,that is one hard core project you are tackling.

Nice find interesting to see the center console and other sought after parts still in/on the car

well my uncle doesnt really adervise what he has, other wise nothing would still be back there lol

Sweet. Think Bullit. Love the 68's! Mopar. Or, no car.

Auto Transport Service
Back