• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to Mopar! Here's my new 1969 Superbee project car!

It’s a fine one to learn the mopar ropes on. You’ll know every piece of these cars after doing that one!

It’s a fine one to learn the mopar ropes on. You’ll know every piece of these cars after doing that one!
Lol..I can't argue with you there. Haha.
Haha,I can't argue with you there. That's the fun part tho!I'm already soaking alot it just by doing my research. I also learned today that 383 and 440 air cleaners are made different. In regards to ramcharger cars,you can put a 383 air cleaner on a 440 n96 car because the 440 is a taller deck and the 383 air cleaner is made taller in the center to support the shorter deck of the 383. You can't put a 440 air cleaner on a 383 n96 car because 440 air cleaners are made for taller decks and thus have a shorter center piece to fit the taller deck.

Looks like it’s for sale on Facebook
IMG_3217.png

That will be a nice one when done, although it is quite a project. It is almost a twin to mine as built, except for side scoops and an auto transmission (I converted mine over to a 4 speed). I built mine the way I wanted. 493" stroker motor, bucket seats, 4-speed, color change to T5 copper.

20190408_105823.jpg

20200411_084332.jpg

20200411_084207.jpg

P1010013 (2).JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

20180831_134245.jpg

Last edited:
That will be a nice one when done, although it is quite a project. It is almost a twin to mine as built, except for side scoops and an auto transmission (I converted mine over to a 4 speed). I built mine the way I wanted. bucket seats, 4-speed, color change to T5 copper.

View attachment 1691223

View attachment 1691224

View attachment 1691225

View attachment 1691226

View attachment 1691227

View attachment 1691228
Beautiful! I'm looking for to the sandblasting phase as well haha. How long did it take you to complete?

Beautiful! I'm looking for to the sandblasting phase as well haha. How long did it take you to complete?
Took about 1.5 years, but mine was a southern car with very little metalwork required. That will be the time consuming part of your restoration.

Took about 1.5 years, but mine was a southern car with very little metalwork required. That will be the time consuming part of your restoration.
Not bad! Yeah the metal work is always the most time consuming. Did you have any issues sourcing any parts? Even though I'm not starting the actual restoration yet,I think I'm going to start pick up different parts that I see online here and there.

I didn't have any problem finding parts. One issue with restoring a Bee that needs extensive metal replacement though is the fact that fenders, hoods, and decklids are not reproduced. So you will want to start searching for those items if needed, looks like one fender for sure.

I didn't have any problem finding parts. One issue with restoring a Bee that needs extensive metal replacement though is the fact that fenders, hoods, and decklids are not reproduced. So you will want to start searching for those items if needed, looks like one fender for sure.
Nice, I'm going to start buying small pieces like factory air cleaners and other miscellaneous parts. The car that I bought came with the following additional not pictured:

*Additional stock hood

*2 usable doors

*2 additional front fenders

*Additional trunk lid

*Additional bellhousing

*833 23 spline 4 speed transmission

*Left and right new reproduction Sherman quater skins

*pillar post section from a good car to replace the one of the drivers side.

*Additional front bumber bracket

I still have my work cut out for me,but having these parts makes the light at the ending of the tunnel shine just a bit brighter haha. I've I bought just as is with no additional parts,then I'd be in alot more trouble.

I'm really leaning towards doing a numbers matching restomod with it. I want to keep the orginal drive train in the car,but I want to do a upgrade interior and lower the suspension with a nice upgraded kit. In terms of wheels I really the style picture here with the matching paint on the wheels. I would go with a slightly larger size wheel since the car will be lowered and would either do black wall or white letter tires instead. Just some of the vision that I have in my head for it. Might do the the hood scoops in black as well.

1969-dodge-superbee.jpeg

Hey quick question,so I get that the car has a numbers matching engine,but I'm curious to know just how orginal the actual parts are that are on the engine. Basically how many pf the parts shown would have been there on the production line.

20240706_110009.jpg

20240706_110106.jpg

Just bought my first mopar. I bring you greetings fron the Gen 1 camaro world "68 z28". I made this post specifically for everyone to tell that they would pay $500 for it and it's too far gone haha. The bad is obviously shown in the pictures,so I'll tell you about the good amd why I decided to buy the car:

- Real 1969 superbee bee

-Numbers matching 383 4v 4 speed car

-Factory N96 car, and and has the following codes that you can make out from the fender tag "in person":

-E63, D21, Y2, Y2, H2X, X9, A31, A62, J25, M21, N96, R11, V1X, V8X, 26, END

-Comes with an extra 8-9k in parts to complete the car including :

*Additional stock hood

*2 usable doors

*2 additional front fenders

*Additional trunk lid

*Additional bellhousing

*833 23 spline 4 speed transmission

*Left and right new reproduction Sherman quater skins

*pillar post section from a good car to replace the one of the drivers side.

*Additional front bumber bracket

-The VIN, fender tag, radiator support, trunk gutter and engine are all Numbers matching.

-Comes with a clean title

-Factory colors are y2 yellow with a black vinyl top. It's was painted brown on the 70's

-Price was somewhere between $0-$10,000

I bought this particular car mainly because it's a verifiable Numbers matching 383 4 speed n96 car and it deserves to see the road again. Won't see it this year or next year,but in the next few coming years haha. Despite the condition of the car currently,I'm happy with my purchase.

View attachment 1690322

View attachment 1690323

View attachment 1690324

View attachment 1690325

View attachment 1690326

View attachment 1690327

View attachment 1690328

View attachment 1690329

View attachment 1690330

View attachment 1690331

Congrats for buying a money pit. After you spend 75-90 grand and invest thousands of hours of labor, you'll have a $55,000.00 car, providing all of the work you do is professionally quality and is restored to factory stock.

Congrats for buying a money pit. After you spend 75-90 grand and invest thousands of hours of labor, you'll have a $55,000.00 car, providing all of the work you do is professionally quality and is restored to factory stock.

[/URL]
Well thanks for the warm welcome and final appraisal of a car that's yet to be restored haha. I'm not spending anywhere near 75-90k to restore this car. With me doing alot of the work myself realistically,I can spend the $55,000 that you speak of and have a $55,000 car haha. You're actually the kind of person that I came to the site looking for haha. MORE haha.

[/URL]
One might also question your sanity as you just compared an original car with original paint that not perfect and still needs some level of restoration for $55,000. If this one of worth $55,000 still needing restoration to be fully finished,then a fully restored one with new factory parts is obviously worth more. What are we talking about here haha.

The truth hurts.
No,me not recognizing your comment and or opinion as truth hurts. That's your opinion,nothing more,nothing less. I love when the know it all's speak as if their word is law. Haha. I guess I'll get my 75-90k ready to dump into the car that I already have most of the hard to find parts for,doing most of the work myself on,and one that I've clearly said multiple times that I'm not restoring to any concourse levels:)

Auto Transport Service
Back