• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to Mopar! Here's my new 1969 Superbee project car!

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. I admire your bravery taking that project on.

IMG_5156.jpeg

Interesting, the guy that I got my 69 from also has a Dana car as well. The Dana cars are even rarer that the 426 hemi and a12 cars aren't they? Don't know much about them as my mopar knowledge only extends to a month,but from what I read the seem super rare.
Dodge and plymouth both used a dana 60 behind 440 4 speeds. So there are some out there.
The A12 is one of the few cars that got a dana behind a 727.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. I admire your bravery taking that project on.

View attachment 1690442
Thanks, beautiful view! I searched both front and rear seats for a build sheet was nothing was there. It would've been great to have one but luckily all of the major features are visible on the remains of the fender tag. I thought it came with side scoops because of the holes but I don't see the code on the fender tag. I guess either the dealer installed them afterwards maybe?

Obviously it’s entirely up to you but I would recommend NOT chasing the “original” path, it’s going to be very expensive and in the end you don’t really have the car you are seeing in your head right now (unless that is what you are seeing lol). My point is this, make the car that you want, a 383 4 spd N96 car is cool but it not especially rare (read valuable), you are enjoy this build and the car ALOT more if you build it the way you want it.

Since you are a Chevy guy let me in on a little Mopar secret, they ALL are rare bc Mopar seldom ever did the same thing twice and they were happy to build anything anyone wanted. They put weird options onto sales bank cars (cars headed to sit on a lot to be sold to whomever) because they did not want the inventory of unused parts laying around the plant. You commonly find very stange color combinations throughout the 60’s and 70’s cars. This is one of the reasons I think many people bought GM or Fords bc Mopar was always a bit strange.

All the parts you want/need are out there and there are specialized parts places like Stephen’s Performance in AL or Wildcat Salvage in OR that have a lot of used parts not to mention members here.

Have fun with the car and enjoy it and make it your own

I’d buy a strange S60 brand new before messing with a take out rearend that most likely will need a rebuild. With the S60 you can get whatever gear set and width you like and they are usually cheaper than a car Dana (they made a lot of truck ones so be careful).

All this said, the 8.75 in the car is fine and a lot easier to change gears in

Just bought my first mopar. I bring you greetings fron the Gen 1 camaro world "68 z28". I made this post specifically for everyone to tell that they would pay $500 for it and it's too far gone haha. The bad is obviously shown in the pictures,so I'll tell you about the good amd why I decided to buy the car:

- Real 1969 superbee bee

-Numbers matching 383 4v 4 speed car

-Factory N96 car, and and has the following codes that you can make out from the fender tag "in person":

-E63, D21, Y2, Y2, H2X, X9, A31, A62, J25, M21, N96, R11, V1X, V8X, 26, END

-Comes with an extra 8-9k in parts to complete the car including :

*Additional stock hood

*2 usable doors

*2 additional front fenders

*Additional trunk lid

*Additional bellhousing

*833 23 spline 4 speed transmission

*Left and right new reproduction Sherman quater skins

*pillar post section from a good car to replace the one of the drivers side.

*Additional front bumber bracket

-The VIN, fender tag, radiator support, trunk gutter and engine are all Numbers matching.

-Comes with a clean title

-Factory colors are y2 yellow with a black vinyl top. It's was painted brown on the 70's

-Price was somewhere between $0-$10,000

I bought this particular car mainly because it's a verifiable Numbers matching 383 4 speed n96 car and it deserves to see the road again. Won't see it this year or next year,but in the next few coming years haha. Despite the condition of the car currently,I'm happy with my purchase.

View attachment 1690322

View attachment 1690323

View attachment 1690324

View attachment 1690325

View attachment 1690326

View attachment 1690327

View attachment 1690328

View attachment 1690329

View attachment 1690330

View attachment 1690331
You are a person of great vision taking on this challenge, we need more people like you in the world!
*Additional trunk lid - key component, tough to find reasonable priced used and AMD does not produce.
Keep the updates coming.

Obviously it’s entirely up to you but I would recommend NOT chasing the “original” path, it’s going to be very expensive and in the end you don’t really have the car you are seeing in your head right now (unless that is what you are seeing lol). My point is this, make the car that you want, a 383 4 spd N96 car is cool but it not especially rare (read valuable), you are enjoy this build and the car ALOT more if you build it the way you want it.

Since you are a Chevy guy let me in on a little Mopar secret, they ALL are rare bc Mopar seldom ever did the same thing twice and they were happy to build anything anyone wanted. They put weird options onto sales bank cars (cars headed to sit on a lot to be sold to whomever) because they did not want the inventory of unused parts laying around the plant. You commonly find very stange color combinations throughout the 60’s and 70’s cars. This is one of the reasons I think many people bought GM or Fords bc Mopar was always a bit strange.

All the parts you want/need are out there and there are specialized parts places like Stephen’s Performance in AL or Wildcat Salvage in OR that have a lot of used parts not to mention members here.

Have fun with the car and enjoy it and make it your own
Thanks for the heads up and advice! I'm not going for a concourse orginal type car. The will definitely be receiving a modern up to date comfortable interior and probably some modern suspension upgrades haha. Although the car is not rare in terms of being an a12 or 426 car,it is on the rarer side of the spectrum with it being a numbers 4 speed n96 car with desirable colors and has the 3.91 rear-end vs just a standard rear-end. Of the 25,000ish super bee's produced in 1969,I think it would be a huge challenge to find 2000 of them that still have their orginal engines,are 4 speed,and were factory ramchargers from the factory. So they may now be as rare as the a12 cars but I would definitely consider them scarce in terms of having all of the above combined into 1 car. Any 60 year old super that still has the original engine is atleast scarce haha. Thanks for the heads up on the rarity of mopars in general. I was originally going to buy a 68 charger out of Illinois,but decided not to as I ended up feeling the superbee more and it had the original engine. I'm not a numbers matching maxi,but I definitely see the scarcity in a number car vs a numbers match car. My Z is non numbers car but has the correct 302. I went through hell and high water to authentic the car as a real Z haha. Got lucky and found the original EE 68 z28 only spring tags on the car that supported the 4:10 that it has. If it were numbers matching then all I would need to do is look at the partial vin on the engine,but it's rare to have the orginal engine in those cars as most got blow up. Thanks for the connections on the parts down sound. I'll be sure to check them out as well. Thanks.

You are a person of great vision taking on this challenge, we need more people like you in the world!
*Additional trunk lid - key component, tough to find reasonable priced used and AMD does not produce.
Keep the updates coming.
Thanks,I'm also into the pontiac 421 super duty stuff as well. I don't own one of the cars but I down own one of the actual engine from dual carbs to oil pan. Sourcing all ofvthe parts of one of the hardest thing I've done in regards to a car haha. When I found out that this car came with a bunch of parts that they don't make or that you can't find easily,I was all over it haha. Now if it didn't have all of the parts included with It,then I likely would've passed on it. Taking on the project is already a huge task as it. Adding on the fact that I can get the parts needed to restore it as well would've been a bit much.

Welcome to the club... all you need to know is here and the start back on Dodge Chargers . Com

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration
So sorry to hear about your daughter! I can't imagine! I see that you purchased your car in 80 from your dad. This was 9 years before I was born haha. Do you still have your Superbike? If so,I imagine you are in a exclusive group of people that actually own those haha.

So sorry to hear about your daughter! I can't imagine! I see that you purchased your car in 80 from your dad. This was 9 years before I was born haha. Do you still have your Superbike? If so,I imagine you are in a exclusive group of people that actually own those haha.
Superbird... yes.
20240519_171803.jpg
20240519_172152.jpg

Wow,I see that the refurbishhed rally dash panels on these cars go for around 2 grand haha, I'm guess that since mine is still in tact an complete that all I'll need to do is repaint it and add adding correct? If so,that's money saved as well.

Screenshot_20240707_075937_Chrome.jpg

20240706_105827.jpg

Here's a better picture of the factory ramcharger setup as well. I see the seller was correct about me saving thousands of dollars fixing the original setup myself vs buying another hood. I see they're also priced around 4.5k to 5k. Saving 4k here and saving 1k there throughout the entire build process will definitely add up. The good thing is ,except for the Sherman reproduction quarter skins all of the parts are oem parts! The extra hood the came with is a flat 69 hood that's rust free and the seller is a retire aerospace engineer as has the blueprint and dimensions for me to cut the holes in the new hood to add the factory ramcharger too. I'm celebrating any and all small victories with this car.

Screenshot_20240707_072158_Gallery.jpg

Question,so I'm searching online and I see where some people say ramcharger and some people say ram air. I've always known the term ram air to be mostly associated with pontiac cars. I know it's a similar system but I just want to be correct in saying what it is.

Ramcharger is correct for a Dodge, Airgrabber is correct for a Plymouth.

Thanks! I was
Ramcharger is correct for a Dodge, Airgrabber is correct for a
Thanks,I was watching a video on YouTube today and they're were showing how the airgrabber and ramcharger are actually built different and are not the same. One pulls air from the side and one pulls air from the top.
Ramcharger is correct for a Dodge, Airgrabber is correct for a Plymout

Auto Transport Service
Back