• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jag fan clutch and fixed fan

water pump will be the same, you can use it over to the other housing

I was able to get the shroud to fit, but there is minimal clearance from the fan shroud to the fan blade. Around 1/4-3/8".

I'd like to switch from the 18" fan to the 17.25" fan. Part # is FLX 5717. Same rotation (clockwise). Think this is undersized? This will get me half inch clearance from blade to shroud. Is this enough?

here are some pics from today... the fan is a 19 " flexalite with flx-5555 fan cluth

1/2 " .. is very close...but if the engine is not moving so much.... ?? Perhaps it is an try and error situation...

Greetings Juergen

Attachments

• IMG_0335 (Kopie).JPG
    IMG_0335 (Kopie).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0336 (Kopie).JPG
    IMG_0336 (Kopie).JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0339 (Kopie).JPG
    IMG_0339 (Kopie).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 332
Hi Juergen, I mean the distance from the fan blade to the shroud. Just want to make sure we're not talking about the distance of the clutch to the radiator.

the distance from the fan blade to the shroud is @ 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch..but I will check it out tomorrow..to tell you the 100% sure numbers.
Greetings Juergen

P.S I will also check the distance from the chutch to the radiator....

...I checked the distances... shroud to fan 3/4 of an Inch fan cluth to raditor about 5/8 of an inch
Greetings Juergen

I got 3 aluminum radiators off ebay for under $250 shipped to my door. Radiators are 2 rows of 1" tubes, direct drop in for a 26" Mopar big block. Has provisions for stock fan shrouds as well. I did have to cut out the passenger side core support for the 66 Charger that had a 22" radiator originally, but I took my time and it looks stock. I do not have a fan shroud on my 66 Charger, only the Daytona pictured above

Ebay seller name is "Engineered Products" if I remember....I got all installed in my cars...all overheat issues cured, even in the Daytona. Running non-thermal clutch fan with metal 6 or 7 blade fans.

100e0815.jpg

dcp_3666_zps929c1140.jpg

Hey A383WING, happy new year. I'm ordering the radiator from the guy you recommended. Just wanted to confirm something with you. Did you have to modify the fan shroud to get it to bolt up? Is it the mopar fan shroud? also, what diameter mechanical fan are you running? I have an 18.25" fan.

Just trying to cover all bases. I hate surprises...

I did not have to modify the shroud, what I did do was install studs and loc-tite them into the radiator and use nuts & washers to attach the shroud. I did not like how close the sheet metal screws came to the fins. I just tapped threads into the holes and installed studs. I ferget what fan I'm running....either 18" or 19" if I remember.

These radiators are 26" style, I put these in place of the 22" rads in all my cars...I also cut 4" out of pass side rad support. You will have to drill 2 new holes for mounting on the passenger side. I had to open up the slots in the new rad for mounting screws to go through easy also. These are pretty much a drop in radiator, but you might have to do a little work. Only issue I had was I had to find shorter fan clutch...because aluminum rad is a lot thicker and I didn't like how close the fan blade was to the fins.

Should I expect to have to cut up the radiator support to make this fit? I do recall some 68 RRs coming with a larger rad.

End to end, how long is your radiator?

Should I expect to have to cut up the radiator support to make this fit? I do recall some 68 RRs coming with a larger rad.

End to end, how long is your radiator?

I said it before and I'll say it again,if you guys would use the original components the way they were designed and meant to be used,you wouldn't continually have heating problems,you can be your own worst enemy real easy !!!

my cars were 22" rads originally, I cut part of support on passenger side, that's all. My cars are put away & covered up for winter...can't get to them right now....if you are getting the rad from ebay seller, he has all dimensions listed in auction

Attachments

• dcp_3671.jpg
    dcp_3671.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 280
I said it before and I'll say it again,if you guys would use the original components the way they were designed and meant to be used,you wouldn't continually have heating problems,you can be your own worst enemy real easy !!!

With all due respect, if we all had this attitude, we would all still be using points. There comes a time when we have to expand beyond original components. Keep in mind. My car never came with the option for a 440.

With all due respect, if we all had this attitude, we would all still be using points. There comes a time when we have to expand beyond original components. Keep in mind. My car never came with the option for a 440.

- - - Updated - - -

Still applies !!

my Charger has 160,000 original miles, engine never touched...still had OE radiator in it...to re-core my OE radiator was over $500 from many places around here...I opted for the aluminum rad so I could drive the car again..

I was still running all the original components the way the factory intended..it just kept overheating...rad was plugged

am3rican, did you resolve your problem? I also have a 440 six pack motor running a flex fan. Last summer it to ran hot. I'm going to install a clutch fan, but my problem is that there are 2 different type of shaft length sizes. Did you encounter any problems with that issue? I need to use the long shaft size, but looking for exact specs on it.

am3rican, did you resolve your problem? I also have a 440 six pack motor running a flex fan. Last summer it to ran hot. I'm going to install a clutch fan, but my problem is that there are 2 different type of shaft length sizes. Did you encounter any problems with that issue? I need to use the long shaft size, but looking for exact specs on it.

I didn't have any issues at all with shaft length sizes. The jag clutch seems to be holding up well and there is plenty of clearance to the radiator face.

I installed the fan and clutch but the weather had already cooled down significantly. I took her out a few times and the temp never climbed above 190. But like I said it was in the fall so temps were in the 50s. I don't want to find out if this will be a problem on hot days. So I bought the driver side inlet water pump housing and will be buying the 26" radiator that A383Wing suggested and a fan shroud too.

- - - Updated - - -

When I get a chance I'll measure total length of the shaft, clutch and fan from the pulley. It should give you a sense of what to expect length wise. It should help you gauge if you have enough clearance to the radiator. Hopefully that'll help you.

Update: installed the 26'' radiator purchased off eBay. Fitment was great. Factory fan shroud bolted right up. There were provisions for the shroud but I did have to drill new holes in the radiator mounting tabs because they didn't line up exactly.

I installed the 440source Waterpump housing with drivers side inlet. Fitment was good. All holes bolted right up. Power steering pump bracket and alternator brackets fit no problem without the need for shims. Overall, I was super pleased.

Total install time was 7 hrs including two or three trips to the auto parts store for hoses, rad mounting bolts, and rtv gasket. I had access to a lift and power tools. I did stop for lunch and to check and replace the spark plugs.

I went for an hour drive after, through Philly with some moderate traffic and red light stops. Temp never registered above 205.

- - - Updated - - -

here are some pics from today... the fan is a 19 " flexalite with flx-5555 fan cluth

1/2 " .. is very close...but if the engine is not moving so much.... ?? Perhaps it is an try and error situation...

Greetings Juergen

HI Juergen, just wanted to let you know. That fan you recommended is only rated to a max room of 4000. Not sure if you knew that. I noticed today

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back