• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeff's 69 road runner

What's the paint code and where did you get it from ? im restoring a 1968 coronet and this was the factory color and ive been hunting someone that has painted their car this color to really decide if i liked it enough to go back to the original color and seeing your car has really made my decision quite easy. Thanks

Those headers look nice:headbang:. I thought that I always wanted headers on my car. I have had a couple people tell me that I don't want headers because of some of the leaking problems. I am still not sure why I wouldn't want to put headers on my car.

Those headers look nice:headbang:. I thought that I always wanted headers on my car. I have had a couple people tell me that I don't want headers because of some of the leaking problems. I am still not sure why I wouldn't want to put headers on my car.

Im not saying it cant happen but ive had headers on several cars and the main concern with what ive had to deal with, Is getting a starter to fit right, getting the headers to fit right, usually with a BB, They will rust out i guess quicker but i have no problem with having them...

What's the paint code and where did you get it from ? im restoring a 1968 coronet and this was the factory color and ive been hunting someone that has painted their car this color to really decide if i liked it enough to go back to the original color and seeing your car has really made my decision quite easy. Thanks

MoparOrNoCar1968 the paint is MOPAR F8, this paint is actually Dupont 4988K chroma base, Jade Green-effect. thanks a lot for watching and good luck with your build.

these headers really are nice! TTI really does a nice job on all of their stuff. it has been my experience that the manifolds are as prone to an errant leak as headers. preparation is key to any gasket/seal successfully functioning. a manifolds' clean smooth flat/square surfaces are the most successful, while headers are the most difficult to attain a flat square mating surface. it has also been my experience that the more you spend the better they fit up. and that it is also possible in a mid to high priced header to have your machine shop square the flange and tubes if they aren't too far out. but the cheapo's are usually too twisted up to ever get "right" so you get the two gaskets on each side and gasket sealer smeared all over the place, all different kinds of gasket materials, and on and on. I personally run a set of Hooker competition's on my dart, and never have a problem. I use the Mr. Gasket gaskets and then do my version of the wives tale. the day before I wish to install a set I take an "old" bath towel both gaskets and wrap them up, separated, soak the "old" towel in water for 24 hours in water. it seems to soften the material enough to get a good bite and seal any imperfections. if you don't use an old towel your woman will remind you why you use an "old" one when she finds the towel balled up in the corner an a few days. trust me.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not saying it cant happen but ive had headers on several cars and the main concern with what ive had to deal with, Is getting a starter to fit right, getting the headers to fit right, usually with a BB, They will rust out i guess quicker but i have no problem with having them...

I love my hookers. as for the starter issue, light weight is the answer. I can change a starter in the dart without removing the header. on a small block.

Do they have paint chips I can use as a reference... I can't tell which green my car is. Sometimes it looks like an f5... Sometimes an f8... Driving me nuts since I have no fender tag image.jpgimage.jpg

f5 looks like pea soup, this is definetly f8. your paint shop should have a chip that will tell the tale.

f5 looks like pea soup, this is definetly f8. your paint shop should have a chip that will tell the tale.
f8? Alright that's cool. I'm not going for original with my build but I did want to do the original color. I like f8

the factory colors always look better to me. no matter how nice it came out of paint and body. the colors, make the difference because of contrast.

This is what makes me think it's f5 .. I haven't seen either colors in person in a long time so it's hard to say... But like you said I'll have to just match it later image.jpg

the area that you see inside of the deck lid, inside the trunk area had very little color to start off. and finish, huh, fuggeddabowtit. trunk interior was not a major priority, and to this day production run vehicles are the same way. are you going to use the black stripe kit? the green/black combo is the most laid back look in the B body line.

I'll have to buff the only good paint on the car (which is on the roof) to find out..everywhere else somebody messed up already.

- - - Updated - - -

the area that you see inside of the deck lid, inside the trunk area had very little color to start off. and finish, huh, fuggeddabowtit. trunk interior was not a major priority, and to this day production run vehicles are the same way. are you going to use the black stripe kit? the green/black combo is the most laid back look in the B body line.
6 pack hood with the original black is the plan. Then the rest of the car will be the og color

Today's progress

Attachments

• 20141108_152814.jpg
    20141108_152814.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 322
  • 20141108_152727.jpg
    20141108_152727.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 332
nice rear end.......

Attachments

• 100_6763.jpg
    100_6763.jpg