• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Force crash

I am shocked that he is still driving… Typically those guys get eye issues from all the G force during the run. I doubt anyone has made more passes than him at this point…

On a related note, this body is supposed to represent a Camaro? :rolleyes:

1719185429292.png

I was watching that live today when it happened in the first round of elimination - A lot of the other drivers got pretty emotional talking about it - Some interesting things where said when emotions take over

Was a one hour delay , because they airlifted him out

And then of course his daughter - She is a trooper , what a race between her and Tony Stewart afterwards

Didn’t want to post anything because the Mopar Direct Connection boys where running good , right up until the track got drenched in rain - Then another two hour delay , and the tunes went out the window for both of them , the track temp dropped like 30/40 degrees after the rain

On a related note, this body is supposed to represent a Camaro? :rolleyes:

View attachment 1683878
Yeah, with a "Chevy" Chrysler Hemi.

I'm glad he wasn't killed. That was a nasty impact. I bet he'll retire, now. He's been talking about it a lot lately, anyway. In fact, I think he almost did retire before this season, if I interpreted some of the comments he made in his interviews correctly.

He's done more for the sport of drag racing than anyone. Including a big Daddy. I'm hoping we see him at least do a farewell race or two. But that hit would have shaken anyone.

Of the 3 major US automotive racing venues of Drag, open wheel and stock car. Drag racing has proven to be the safest. But it's still not without risk.

"If you're in control? You're not going fast enough."

Pernalli Jones.

He's done more for the sport of drag racing than anyone. Including a big Daddy. I'm hoping we see him at least do a farewell race or two. But that hit would have shaken anyone.

Of the 3 major US automotive racing venues of Drag, open wheel and stock car. Drag racing has proven to be the safest. But it's still not without risk.

"If you're in control? You're not going fast enough."

Pernalli Jones.
I cant imagine having the reflexes required to pilot one of those 300 mph land missiles at 25, let alone 75

He is one helluva a draw thats for sure .

I cant imagine having the reflexes required to pilot one of those 300 mph land missiles at 25, let alone 75

He is one helluva a draw thats for sure .
Pretty easy once you get the hang of it
Push pedal to floor
Close eyes
Pray
Count to 3 and pull shoot
:rofl:

One of the best if not the GOAT of all time drag racers

he'll be back mid 70's or not, he's not a quiter
he's been thru way worse too

I saw it on the televised show, it was a bad wreck
a big slam on that left wall

What I wonder is ?
why the NHRA mandatory safety ****
every F/C & T/F car has electronics they all have to use now
why it didn't deploy the chutes instantly the auto deploy
when the manifold burst panels blew/blow, followed by big *** boom & fire
immediately deploying the parachutes
would/'should have' straightened the car & have a lesser blow/hit the wall
I'm sure John couldn't see & was ingulfed in oil & fuel flames
his fire system worked well mostly, he didn't get burned bad anyway...

It's way better when the bodies fly off, far less risk for the drivers...

I'm pretty damn sure John couldn't reach the parachute handles on the body
as it was puckered up bigtime in the middle over the cockpit/cage
he's arm are restrained in, by harness straps & he can't reach up or over very far
that (electronics ****) should have auto deployed...

Usually when the body blows off (or they used to) it pulls the chutes out too
another safety failure by NHRA, NOW !!!
to use the tethers to keep 'the body on' for sake of the spectators safety
I'm all for safety BUT;
It's very, very rare a body ever goes anywhere near the crowd
that **** will get someone killed, a driver especially,
probably burned bad too, life threatening injuries...

sometimes there's no common sense

I don't BLAME JOHN, HE DID HIS JOB,
he survived too...

He'll be Back
& probably win at least 10 more races before he retires
puts his grandson or another family member is the car
It's in their/his genes...

Last edited:
I was there and saw it too. Why the chutes didn't deploy is all that NHRA was talking about.
This might be the last straw for him. Maybe if Robert gets back next year they will put AP in Johns car. He deserves to keep driving for someone as good as he is.

I was wondering why the Chief didn't hit the stop button as it was dumping fuel out of several cylinders and they had won.
I would never see that all down track in 3 seconds but they usually do.

Auto Transport Service
Back