• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

Here we go with a WAG. I can't seem to get TF yet.

TF T Stewert
FC A Prock
PS G Anderson
PSM G Herrera

He ran pretty good in Virginia. Am I the first guy to pick TS for a race?

For this week, yes.
For the 2024 season, no.

I'll stick with mine for now. Good luck everyone - let's keep those top spots for FBBO!

Post on nhra.com this morning says Brittany will not compete next weekend in Norwalk as she will remain at the hospital in solidarity with her family for John. Austin Prock will compete in Funny Car.
Brittany currently is in the #10 spot in Top Fuel, 60 points ahead of Josh Hart, with five race events to go before the Countdown. Sitting out at Norwalk will only give her four events before the Countdown to solidify a playoff spot.

John Force has been transferred from the trauma ICU to the neuro ICU where the medical team can focus on his head injury which is their primary concern.

John Force improving, faces long road ahead; Brittany to sit out Norwalk race

Last edited:
Here's your "official Tuesday Before the Event" reminder for the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals scheduled for July 27-30 at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH.

Please post your picks before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.

NHRA is back to a "standard" qualifying schedule: Q1 and Q2 on Friday, Q3 and Q4 on Saturday. The first of the scheduled four rounds of Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 5:00pm EDT (2:00pm PDT) on Friday.

nhra.com currently shows the following number of entries:
* 20 Top Fuel
* 18 Funny Car
* 18 Pro Stock
* 14 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Those counts are always subject to change so make sure to check to make sure your driver picks are entered.

Please check nhra.com to make sure your picks are competing in this event.
Although John Force is entered in Funny Car, the team has not yet announced whether a substitute driver for the 16-time series champion will carry on in a back-up Funny Car.

The current weather forecast for Norwalk, OH, calls for
* Friday - mostly sunny with a high of 84F

* Saturday - 67% chance of heavy rain through most of the day with a high of 85F
* Sunday - mostly sunny with a high of 75F

The current television schedule for the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals...
* Qualifying: 2:00-4:00pm EDT (11:00am-1:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30, on FS1
* Finals (Round 1): 4:00-5:00pm EDT (1:00-2:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30 on FS1
* Finals (Rounds 2-4): 5:00-7:00pm EDT (2:00-4:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30 on FOX

All television coverage will also re-air at later times. Check www.nhra.com.
I read somewhere he said; (John Force)
"he's not racing this week at Norwalk Ohio Summit"
the dr. or John has not said the extent of his injuries, except a head injury
but said he's doing/recovering well, move out of the ICU
said; 'nothings broken'
I don't know as to what extent that means
(I assume he has a Concussion (head injury), bruising or sore as f-ck too)
he's (allegedly) sitting up talking (like always) speaking & coherent
(as he can be) that's a good/great sign
but;
about that the other 2 JFR teams, (org. Britney was gonna' race (?) now she's not)
T/F daughter Britney Force 'may not' compete, wants to stay by dad's side
& Austin Prock AAA F/C will be
, definitely racing at Norwalk, Ohio
there was no named substitute either, just not running the other/his Funny car...

Is my guess/best interpretation...
I think it was in Dragzine newsletter also...
a bit conflicting stories between the 2 articles

Last edited:
2024 Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 81F, 66% relative humidity, barometer 29.88", adjusted altitude 3,177', track temp. 115F

TF: Dan Mercier, 3.790; Jasmine Salinas @ 329.58
FC: Austin Prock, 3.892; Bob Tasca III @ 329.32
PS: Greg Anderson, 6.592; Eric Latino @ 208.36
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.748 @ 201.31

Q2

Weather: 79F, 62% relative humidity, barometer 29.88", adjusted altitude 3,033', track temp. n/a
TF: Doug Kalitta, 3.692 @ 332.92
FC: Austin Prock, 3.863; J.R. Todd @ 332.02

(06/29) At 1:51pm EDT (10:51am PDT) it has stopped raining in Norwalk and the weather is currently mostly cloudy and 81F. The forecast is for similar conditions with heavy rain forecast starting at 6:00pm EDT (3:00pm PDT). They may not be able to get two more rounds of qualifying in today.
Sunday's forecast is for mostly sunny conditions all day with a forecast high of 70F.

Q3

Weather: n/a
TF: Doug Kalitta, 3.692; Shawn Langdon @ 335.93
FC: Austin Prock, 3.863; J.R. Todd @ 332.02

Q4

Weather: n/a
TF: Doug Kalitta, 3.692; Shawn Langdon @ 335.93
FC: Austin Prock, 3.853; J.R. Todd @ 332.02

Last edited:
Congratulations to '64BEL' (FBBO), 'cuda20' (FABO), and 'TT5.9mag' (FABO) for sharing the 2024 Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals Top Qualifier title with an outstanding total of 30.5 bonus points each. '64BEL' (FBBO) picked the #1 qualifiers in both Funny Car and Pro Stock, the #2 qualifier in Top Fuel, and the #3 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle. 'cuda20' (FABO) and 'TT5.9mag' (FABO) both picked the #1 qualifier in both Top fuel and Funny Car, the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock, and the #3 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle.
'johnnycuda' (FABO) was the runner-up qualifier with 30.0 bonus points.
Way to go!
More great picks!

16 players again this week and 14 different driver combos made up of:
* 4 different Top Fuel drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in the second round of eliminations if all four drivers survive Round 1.
* 4 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. The first possibility of a head-to-head matchup is the semii-final round if the drivers survive until then.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers with the earliest possible head-to-head matchup in the semi-final round of eliminations
* 2 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers with the only possible head-to-head matchup in the final round of eliminations if both drivers get that far

Good luck all!

Auto Transport Service
Back