• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

Does anyone have any info on 'Nick2317'? His last post on FBBO was May 14.

FYI, there hasn't been a post on FBBO from 'Nick2317' since May 14. Per game rules I will continue to carry over his most recent picks for the remainder of the regular season (unless he posts updated picks).
This "pick carry over" feature is only in effect for the "regular season". It will not be in effect for the six-event "Countdown to the Championship" at the end of the season.

2024 PlayNHRA Virginia Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 92F, 49% relative humidity, barometer 30.06", adjusted altitude 2,929', track temp. 140F
TF: Antron Brown, 3.903 @ 318.62
FC: Chad Green, 4.024 @ 320.13
PS: Erica Enders, 6.586 @ 209.56
PSM: Gaige Herrera, 6.703 @ 200.83

Q2
Weather: 96F, 40% relative humidity, barometer 30.06", adjusted altitude 3,000', track temp. 147F

TF: Antron Brown, 3.903 @ 318.62
FC: Chad Green, 4.024 @ 320.13
PSM: Gaige Herrera, 6.703 @ 200.83

Q3
Weather: 95F, 39% relative humidity, barometer 29.93", adjusted altitude 3,208', track temp. 142F

TF: Shawn Langdon, 3.872 @ 319.82
FC: Chad Green and Bob Tasca III, 4.024; Bob Tasca III @ 320.74
PSM: Gaige Herrera, 6.703; Matt Smith @ 200.86

Last edited:
Congratulations to 'Outlawd' (FBBO) for winning the 2024 PlayNHRA Virginia Nationals Top Qualifier title with an outstanding total of 30.5 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifiers in both Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, the #2 qualifier in Top Fuel, and the #3 qualifier in Funny Car. '
'Duster79' (FBBO) was the runner-up qualifier with 28.0 bonus points.
Way to go!
More great picks!

16 players again this week and 14 different driver combos made up of:
* 4 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #8 qualifier Steve Torrence (3 picks) and #9 qualifier Justin Ashley (5 picks). The next head-to-head matchup would not be until the semi-final round of eliminations if both drivers survive until then.
* 5 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers with the earliest possible head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations
* 2 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers with the only possible head-to-head matchup in the final round of eliminations if both drivers get that far

Good luck all!

Sorry my pc crashed and I couldnt remember my stuff to log on from my phone ....If possible just lock my picks for the rest of the season please

Sorry my pc crashed and I couldnt remember my stuff to log on from my phone ....If possible just lock my picks for the rest of the season please

Done.
Glad you're back. You haven't done too bad, but the event bonus points sure would have helped.
You can always change your 'locked' picks for any single race if you want. Just let me know.

Took this before the race on Sun. Something told me to get their picture for some reason.

20240622_094403[1].jpg

and here's our only hope in sea of turds and chubbys. He didn't do to bad. They seem to be about a tenth and a half slow. Hopefully they can get it up to speed with some work.

20240623_141548[1].jpg
20240622_100706[1].jpg

Great news for the Stewarts, Leah & Tony, be a great dad I'll bet
kid will be spoiled & have the best if he gets into cars/racing

hope the pregnancy goes well

Congrats

I did relatively well in the rounds
F/C Austin Prock went rounds, won over Hagan
(Hope JF gets better & back real soon, we need him in the sport)

P/SM Gaige Herrara won again too, 10 (?) straight record
& # of rounds won consecutive record too
Matt Smith had to be pissed his wife took him out, then blew hers up
poor bastard

T/F S. Torrence went out too early,
Britney went out quick too, lots of big name people did too
eventual winner Doug Kallita

P/S Stanfield/EliteMS beat out Titan/KB :BangHead: in the finals,
G. Anderson went a few rounds, until he slept at the starting line

I had 2 winners & a few rds with the others

Took this before the race on Sun. Something told me to get their picture for some reason.

View attachment 1684402

and here's our only hope in sea of turds and chubbys. He didn't do to bad. They seem to be about a tenth and a half slow. Hopefully they can get it up to speed with some work.

View attachment 1684403View attachment 1684405
cool shots thanks for sharing

yeah after Johns wreck

did you get any from
Mountain Motor Pro-stock, Pro-mod or Top Sportsman (full bodied) cars by chance ?

Brandon Miller (?) Dart) can't say I know the name, sounds familiar...
but;
the 10,500 rpm limit boxes, mandatory crap in P/S by NHRA
is hurting the Hemi's performance, without some boost/blower or turbos crap
they don't start making the power tell 'way up there'
(I suspect that's why the Johnson Bros. quit, "retired")
like normal, unless it's fuel cars, they don't care about MoPars
even rules restricting them usually too, same **** new day/decade

Last edited:
Congratulations to 'Outlawd' (FBBO) for winning (2nd week in a row) the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 2024 NHRA PlayNHRA Virginia Nationals in North Dinwittie, VA, with an outstnding total of 190.5 points. His Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle picks raced won their respective classes. His Funny Car pick lost in the second round of eliminations. He was also helped with ET bonus points in all four Pro classes and Speed bonus points in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock.
'GTXDan' (FBBO), 'TT5.9mag' (FABO), and 'Yunick13 ' (FABO) shared the runner-up spot with 187.0 points each.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Doug Kalitta, 3.752 during the final round of eliminations
Speed - Doug Kalitta, 331.41 during the final round of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Austin Prock, 3.921 during the final round of eliminations
Speed - Bob Tasca III, 330.07 during Round 3 of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Erica Enders 6.586 during qualifying
Speed - Erica Enders, 209.56 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Gaige Herrera, 6.703 during qualifying
Speed - Matt Smith, 200.86 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 9th event of the 2024 season:

973.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change in the points standings
956.0 - stroked340 (FABO) +1
952.0 - Outlawd (FBBO) +7
951.5 - Yunick13 (FABO) +4
944.5 - TT5.9mag (FABO) +6
932.5 - cuda20 (FABO) -1
922.5 - GTXDAN (FBBO) +6
918.5 - memike (FABO) +1
916.5 - Alsant (FBBO) -7
913.5 - Duster79 (FABO) -6
913.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) -4
888.5 - ocdart (FABO) -6
884.5 - Back in Time (FABO) -1
840.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
797.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change
785.0 - SSG_Karg (FABO) no change

No time off.
The next race event on the 2024 season will be the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH, scheduled for June 27-30. nhra.com currently shows the following entries but these counts may change:

* 20 Top Fuel
* 18 Funny Car
* 18 Pro Stock
* 14 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Please check to verify your picks are participating before posting your picks.

GOOD LUCK!

cool shots thanks for sharing

yeah after Johns wreck

did you get any from
Mountain Motor Pro-stock, Pro-mod or Top Sportsman (full bodied) cars by chance ?

Brandon Miller (?) Dart) can't say I know the name, sounds familiar...
but;
the 10,500 rpm limit boxes, mandatory crap in P/S by NHRA
is hurting the Hemi's performance, without some boost/blower or turbos crap
they don't start making the power tell 'way up there'
(I suspect that's why the Johnson Bros. quit, "retired")
like normal, unless it's fuel cars, they don't care about MoPars
even rules restricting them usually too, same **** new day/decade
No pictures except a few others. It was brutal on Sat. 92 at 11am and got up to 98. At one time Sat afternoon the track temperature was 147. Sunday wasn't as bad because there were clouds even though about 3pm they said it was 99.5, and the track temperature was 144. As soon as the 4 pro classes finished I would go stand under the bleachers to get out of the sun. I saw at least 4 people go down because of the heat. They didn't have any place to get out of the heat except 2 of those 10' square pop up awnings with misters in them. They weren't prepared for the heat.

Wow, this is getting tough. I had 2 winners, one semi finalist and a round 1 loser and I still lost 4 spots.

Congrats to Outlawd and Bud!

Here's your "official Tuesday Before the Event" reminder for the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals scheduled for July 27-30 at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH.

Please post your picks before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.

NHRA is back to a "standard" qualifying schedule: Q1 and Q2 on Friday, Q3 and Q4 on Saturday. The first of the scheduled four rounds of Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 5:00pm EDT (2:00pm PDT) on Friday.

nhra.com currently shows the following number of entries:
* 20 Top Fuel
* 18 Funny Car
* 18 Pro Stock
* 14 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Those counts are always subject to change so make sure to check to make sure your driver picks are entered.

Please check nhra.com to make sure your picks are competing in this event.
Although John Force is entered in Funny Car, the team has not yet announced whether a substitute driver for the 16-time series champion will carry on in a back-up Funny Car.

The current weather forecast for Norwalk, OH, calls for
* Friday - mostly sunny with a high of 84F

* Saturday - 67% chance of heavy rain through most of the day with a high of 85F
* Sunday - mostly sunny with a high of 75F

The current television schedule for the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals...
* Qualifying: 2:00-4:00pm EDT (11:00am-1:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30, on FS1
* Finals (Round 1): 4:00-5:00pm EDT (1:00-2:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30 on FS1
* Finals (Rounds 2-4): 5:00-7:00pm EDT (2:00-4:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30 on FOX

All television coverage will also re-air at later times. Check www.nhra.com.

Last edited:
Norwalk
I'm sticking with my locked in picks still...
I'll ride that horse, tell he bucks ya' off

good luck everyone

Last edited:
Here we go with a WAG. I can't seem to get TF yet.

TF T Stewert
FC A Prock
PS G Anderson
PSM G Herrera

He ran pretty good in Virginia. Am I the first guy to pick TS for a race?

Auto Transport Service
Back