• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just purchased my dream car!

zeek

Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Glad I found this site. I already used it to identify my engine in my newly purchased '65 Dodge Coronet 440. It has been a long time since I owned a Mopar, well, not counting my 17' Ram....lol.

I have owned more cars than I can count, but my favorite of them all was my '65 Plymouth Satelite w/ 383 Magnum and 4 speed way back in the early 70's. I bought it right after coming home from Nam. Sadly I wrecked it a few months after and have wanted one ever since. This Dodge Coronet I recently found while looking a '62 bubble top Chrysler and made it my own.

I hope to glean some info from this site about the inner workings of my Dodge.

Here's a before and after pic of my old Plymouth Satilite.....

satalite1.jpg satalite3.jpg

Welcome from AZ brother! Where were you operating in Vietnam?

Welcome from Michigan where Mopars & Woodward Ave Still gather!:welcome:

Welcome from North Carolina. Thank you for your service, Sir!! Being in country had to be difficult.

Welcome from Alabama, got her cleaned up good.

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Soooo, looks like you and telephone pole/tree got into a disagreement!

Welcome from Alabama, got her cleaned up good.

I purchased this beauty from Irvington, Al.....:thumbsup: I wish I could find the history about it....the guy I bought if from was a collector and knew very little about the car. After I purchased it, he said it was once owned by Reggie Jackson. But had no proof of it and personally, I could not care less....

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Soooo, looks like you and telephone pole/tree got into a disagreement!

Yeah...actually, it was a steel stop light pole that was filled with cement and never even budged! Take a good look at that photo....Im even amazed I lived thru it! Dont get me wrong, I was messed up for a good year....but survived with no lasting injuries.... ;)

Glad to hear you have no lasting injuries. I was going to ask if everyone one was okay, but you know what they say about asking a question you don't know the answer to. Anyway, glad you made it and glad to have you here.

Glad to hear you have no lasting injuries. I was going to ask if everyone one was okay, but you know what they say about asking a question you don't know the answer to. Anyway, glad you made it and glad to have you here.

I was the only one in the vehicle....mostly my fault....I was going too fast in the left lane and some nurse in the right lane decided she wanted to occupy the space two inches in front of my car without signaling.....I shoulda just hit her but being so trained to avoid rear enders, I hit the brakes and went into a side skid...that was all she wrote....(as they say)

Auto Transport Service
Back