• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just purchased my dream car!

I recently joined a forum on FB for early B bodies and found one of the original owners of my Coronet!! I spoke with him on the phone and got a whole lot of great info on the car and its build. It was actually in Hot Rod magazine in Oct. 1997 (I already purchased a copy from a seller on ebay....:thumbsup: ) Turns out it was actually owned by Reggie Jackson, but only for a very short time. He is sending me a photo album of the original build.....I cant wait to get it....

View attachment 1003266 View attachment 1003267

That's really cool Dude! Keep us posted!

Ok...got it fired up, but could not get fuel from the tank to the carb. Replaced what looked like the original fuel filter and blew out the fuel lines and got that fixed. Now she starts and idles great! Still need to fine tune everything. Here's a crappy video I made of the first fire up.....

Couldnt get it to run right so I decided to rebuild the carb. Well the amount of crap that was in there even after blowing out the lines and installing a new fuel filter, made me decide to replace the fuel tank and lines. New tank and sending unit will be in tomorrow!

Welcome aboard from CT. Beautiful car and that's fantastic news that you were able to find out some history of your car.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
:thumbsup::drinks::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Aw man, she's a sweetheart. And just LISTEN to her!
You must be over the moon for getting her. I'm really happy for you, Zeek! :thumbsup:

Got the new fuel tank installed, just need to blow out the line, hook it up and add fuel!

20200925_221134.jpg 20200925_162736.jpg 20200925_133835.jpg

Well got every thing cleaned out and buttoned up, even replaced the spark plugs for good measure. Took the beast out for my first ride around the block. This thing is bad azz!!! Noticed a small leak from the radiator so I just purchased a new aluminum one to keep me on the road while I decide if I want to repair/recore the original one.

Well got every thing cleaned out and buttoned up, even replaced the spark plugs for good measure. Took the beast out for my first ride around the block. This thing is bad azz!!! Noticed a small leak from the radiator so I just purchased a new aluminum one to keep me on the road while I decide if I want to repair/recore the original one.

Hi from Chilton, Wi , 65 sedan here
DSC05716.JPG

After two solid weeks of working on my barn find, I think she's ready for Crusin the Coast! Shines up pretty nice for paint from over 20 years ago....
1f609.png
I was fortunate enough to get most of the Dodge's history from the original builder, Gary Jacob. I cant wait to start crusin!!

20201002_201843.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back