• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see all the cool 66-67 b-body mopar pictures.!!

Dako, if you read my last post I corrected myself that the area was blacked out. I know they was blacked out, but for some reason I was thinking this wasn't. Must have been thinking of the last GTX I owned. IMG_4232.jpgIMG_5540.jpgIMG_5536.jpgIMG_5535.jpgIMG_5543.jpg

Are the GTX and the 500 original paint cars?

If so, that's DAMN NICE paint for 45 yers old!

Dako, if you read my last post I corrected myself that the area was blacked out. I know they was blacked out, but for some reason I was thinking this wasn't. Must have been thinking of the last GTX I owned.View attachment 110185View attachment 110186

I guess you did! :head_smack: Thought you may had mis-understood the whole, 'black out thing'. Still friends? :icon_pidu:
Nice GTX by the way. :thumbsup: Did you fit 275s under the rear, or are they a 255s?

Uhh, ss1gtx...the photos of your radiator support show it was(is) blacked out. The 'black-out' was done after the body was painted and they didn't paint the entire support, just areas where you could see through grill openings.

my unrestored '63, you might notice it on this picture,,,,

Vito (1).jpg

I guess you did! :head_smack: Thought you may had mis-understood the whole, 'black out thing'. Still friends? :icon_pidu:
Nice GTX by the way. :thumbsup: Did you fit 275s under the rear, or are they a 255s?

Still freinds. The rear tires were 275s with air shocks. Had to jack the rearend down with a bottle jack between the rearend and wheel well to get them on. They didn't rub with just a little air in the shocks.

- - - Updated - - -

The blue GTX is original paint. The yellow one wasn't.

Here is a Picture of my 66 Convertible
What color is this?

- - - Updated - - -

What color is this and do you have the code? I'm painting mine now and am on the hunt for something very similar. Love this color. Awesome car.

Here is my 66 Coronet 500. Originally a 318, now has a 440.

I'm working on the fuel sending unit right now. Check my other post. I need some help.

IMG_5943.jpg
[/IMG]

watermelon

Yes, The Coronet is a original survivor car. 23k miles.

Trying to leave it alone. May add a leaf or install new springs to raise it 1"-1 1/2".
Looking at old product brochures it appears to sit correct.

Yes, The Coronet is a original survivor car. 23k miles.

Trying to leave it alone. May add a leaf or install new springs to raise it 1"-1 1/2".
Looking at old product brochures it appears to sit correct.

I think that IS the correct height in the back.

I agree/tend to favor 1-1.5 inches more, or enough to get the rear wheel well just above the whitewall/white letters.
It gives it a much more aggressive stance.

Yours appears to be blacked out in a similar fashion to mine.

Here are some current pictures of my 66 satellite. Just sent the rear bumper for re-chrome; would you believe 3 months?

This time of year?...depending on who you go with, absolutely. Sept. - Feb. is the time to farm out work if you don't want to wait for such a long turn-around. That's when most places are slow. Come Sept. everybody is saving for Thanksgiving trips and Christmas presents/ trips, followed by the dreaded taxes. Those getting returns usually don't make a move on spending it (getting things re-worked) until March or later...after they do the weeks (months) of research as to who to go to. Gotta save over the summer to spend in the winter when it is not being driven. Nothing worse than having your ride torn down when the weather is good!

Good luck with the bumper!

grill blackout

View attachment 110105View attachment 110106View attachment 110107View attachment 110109View attachment 110110Here is a few detail pics of my unrestored 67 GTX. I was wrong the area behind the grill was blacked out. For some reason I was thinking it was blue.

Here is a couple pics of the blacked out area behind grill, couple of the floor pans and frame rails.You can see the blue paint under the factory undercoating. Also a pic of a run in the paint on one of the hood scoops

Thanks. I think it depended on the body color. Dark green, black or any other dark color problally did not have black out treatment. I have a WW1 GTX and blacked out just like you car when I restored it. I wiii post a shot. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I think it depended on the body color. Dark green, black or any other dark color problally did not have black out treatment. I have a WW1 GTX and blacked out just like you car when I restored it. I wiii post a shot. Thanks

I tryed to make it look like it would have and looking at your pictures of the orignial paint GTX, I am pretty close.

Attachments

• gtxblackout1.jpg
    gtxblackout1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 915
here are some pics of my project, currently having the springs moved to the frame and waiting for the heads to come back from the shopDSC03155.jpgDSC03162.jpgDSC03160.jpgDSC03182.jpg

477017_539563809415778_619655458_o.jpg

Here's a picture of mine from last weekend at an indoor show I attended, I got 2nd in class for 60's custom.... I've posted a few pics of it before but wanted to share a current pic. Car was painted in 1993. Pulled the motor and tranny today so I can detail the engine a little better and have a built tranny ready to go back in.

What type of paint are you all using for the turquoise engine paint? I used mopar last time and had the car overheat and it bleached the engine paint badly.

Auto Transport Service
Back