• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost a good friend Friday evening

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Our little WI town lost one of my best Mopar buddies and neighbor. Foreman for a blacktop company was working late last Friday and tipped over dead from a heart attack at 60. He had been complaining for 4 years of episodes of severe chest pain and having a hard time breathing. His "cure" was to go for a 1/2 hour walk behind his house until the pains subsided. Heavy smoker and high strung all his life didn't help things a bit. My wife chewed him a new one more than once telling him to get his *** to a doctor. Of course he never listened. One of the best friends a guy could ever ask for and would do anything for anybody. I'll never forget the time when we finally blacktopped our driveway after living with gravel forever. It was like a 15K job which we had drug our feet on getting done for years. Anyway, 2 days after its done and the barricades are taken down, the crazy bastard comes over in his 70 Cuda and proceeds to do a 40 yard burnout on it, lol. We drug many old Mopars and piles of parts home together over the years. Heres to you Stoney Tony :drinks:, I'll miss you.

Last edited:
Sorry for the loss of your friend! Having just turned 60,that's scary to hear! Enjoy life while you can! We all have a page in the book!

Sorry for your loss!

It sucks bigtime!

RIP Tony, bummer to hear that. We need to listen to what our bodies are telling us,Im bad at this. We are not 20 years old anymore.

Sorry to reads about your friend. Even if you hate doctors/hospitals, another reminder to take care of yourself when chest pain shows up.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This is a perfect example of the studies that show that the majority of males don't/won't go see doctors when something doesn't seem right with our bodies or go in for preventative care. I admit that was always my thinking as well because I hate medical stuff with a passion. My second wife that has been with me 19 years now has prodded me enough to change my mind, even though I dislike doing it. Yes, we are not Superman like we thought through our 20's and 30's....

Lost a friend of mine several years back due to a massive heart attack....but he never complained about anything that might be causing him concern. Next thing I know is that he was gone. Just don't know what to say except I'm sorry for the loss of your friend....it's never easy for sure.

Our little WI town lost one of my best Mopar buddies and neighbor. Foreman for a blacktop company was working late last Friday and tipped over dead from a heart attack at 60. He had been complaining for 4 years of episodes of severe chest pain and having a hard time breathing. His "cure" was to go for a 1/2 hour walk behind his house until the pains subsided. Heavy smoker and high strung all his life didn't help things a bit. My wife chewed him a new one more than once telling him to get his *** to a doctor. Of course he never listened. One of the best friends a guy could ever ask for and would do anything for anybody. I'll never forget the time when we finally blacktopped our driveway after living with gravel forever. It was like a 15K job which we had drug our feet on getting done for years. Anyway, 2 days after its done and the barricades are taken down, the crazy bastard comes over in his 70 Cuda and proceeds to do a 40 yard burnout, lol. We drug many old Mopars and piles of parts home together over the years. Heres to you Stoney Tony :drinks:, I'll miss you.
That totally sucks & is so sad to hear...

RIP Tony

Certainly a kick in the nuts Joel! We're all too damn stubborn and it's not good for anyone. I do similar stupid **** because frankly I don't want my pilots license pulled by admitting to anything. Irregular sleep pattern = probably apnea that is disqualifying and i don't want to know. Snoring , chest pain, you name it it happens but I still "pass" a medical every year.

Damn, the loss of a great friend is a hard one to take. Deepest condolences!

RIP Tony!!! Due burnouts in his memory Joe!!!

Certainly a kick in the nuts Joel! We're all too damn stubborn and it's not good for anyone. I do similar stupid **** because frankly I don't want my pilots license pulled by admitting to anything. Irregular sleep pattern = probably apnea that is disqualifying and i don't want to know. Snoring , chest pain, you name it it happens but I still "pass" a medical every year.

Remind me not to go flying with you.

Auto Transport Service
Back