• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McDonald's is up-charging without customer's permission

Lol, you know that I wasn't talking about the hamburglar meal!
The screwing gets old and you can just avoid the hamburglar and I do, not a problem.

If someone really wanted to be entertained, they should of watched me and the manager of the grocery store yesterday. I drop a dozen apples on his counter. He asked what was the problem, I said camly, I didn't buy these ORGANIC apples to feed to the hogs, they were supposed to be for me. If I really wanted these, I would have picked them out of your 40 yarder out back tomorrow next to your Boars Head ham and all that produce over there, that expires today, for free!! Now, you tell me what you think I want now........... I'll buy, give and am extremely easy when it comes to being dealt with, but if you try to do me dry, you're mine and then I start charging for the entertainment. This was not my first, or second, go around with them on their overpriced garbage. This is a big name store, that should know better.

$5 for three Del Tacos here.
Yeah, that's probably their regulat price, depending on which tacos you get.
3 for 1.89 was their Tuesday only special price for their "snack" Taco, not real big, and not much to it.
Now the question is; 55% increase, how much is bidenflation, how much is state of California stupidity ($20/hr, for Taco stuffers!)

What I wanna know is, why do they have iced coffee for $1.29 in the morning for breakfast BUT then they jack up the price to $2.00 or more at lunch time?!. I ordered that burger meal before for $5.00 at least 4 months ago now, or maybe more too by the way. Then the next time I went it was $6.00 and there was no sign on the building saying that it was $6.00, I got it anyway but thats the last time I got it. Then the next time I went back they had the sign up. But yet they STILL advertise it on tv for $5.00, at least thats around here in Connecticut. We went to lake George New York last week for the car show, and we stopped at the McDonalds going to the Dragway and it was $5.00 for everything. So I guess it depends on what one you go to, but still in my opinion thats false advertising.

I recall reading something about "dynamic pricing" a bit ago. This is where a restaurant changes the prices throughout the day raising the prices of the stuff that sells the best during various times of the day. It is designed to raise profit margins but of course, was spun as some kind of benefit to the customer. I imagine that's what you are seeing? I generally don't eat fast food, so I'm not seeing it.

Since I live in a small mountain town suburb of Colorado Springs we don't have a lot of FF choices. I do get Arby's $5 meal and after 8 pm large fries are only $1.

Breakfast at McD's is especially hideous. Their hot sauce is something but it's not hot sauce. Hard to describe.
If it's approaching $13 I think, hey, I could have had Chinese food.

All the more reason to not patronize these fast food establishments and instead create my own at home. I guess that is maybe why I have money left over every month as opposed to JOB!!! That's Just Over Broke!!! cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Since I live in a small mountain town suburb of Colorado Springs we don't have a lot of FF choices. I do get Arby's $5 meal and after 8 pm large fries are only $1.

Breakfast at McD's is especially hideous. Their hot sauce is something but it's not hot sauce. Hard to describe.
If it's approaching $13 I think, hey, I could have had Chinese food.
I had their 'Hotcakes & Sausage' breakfast a week ago, hadn't ordered that in years. It was still something I liked and was about $5 (Canadian). My wife likes the Bacon Lettuce Tomato McMuffin, but as a late afternoon meal, not for breakfast.

1,000,000 X .20 = $200,000
I started a thread about that. Do the California fastfoods restaurants have to honor national advertised prices?
But the thread went off the rails when we started talking about my girlfriends bra......
Ok, now... let's get back on the topic. About that bra......... :lol:

easy... Md's sells roughly 550 million Big Mac a year, in the US alone. Assume $0.10 upcharge for each meal deal, that is $55M scammed from Americans annually. One can extrapolate that 550 million BigMacs is a faction of the total number of meals sold. Therefore, it is more reasonable to assume as much as 4x that amount. If you expand globally, you're into the billions.

A bit of trivia... just on the sales of French fries Md's is able to cover virtually all their costs. Meaning everything else is effectively profit.

Last time I went to one was in an airport. I was in a hurry. The basic cheeseburger came right back up and straight into a trash basket in all the time it took to pass 4 gates.

I had a Big Mac at a McDonalds in Taichung, Taiwan back in the 1980's. It certainly didn't taste like a hamburger. Not bad, but certainly a different flavor. It sat on my stomach like a brick for a couple of days before it started moving. I could feel it make every twist and turn on its southerly journey before it was finally passed like a cinder block.

TMI :eek:

When does this $h!t stop...
20+ years ago when I was living in Madison, State Street McD did a tuesday(wednesday?) evening deal like $4 for a 20 piece mcnugget.
My buddy asked me that same question a few times over the next 12 hours as we couldn't be more then 30 seconds from a restroom the rest of the day......

I haven't eaten mcd's "food" in 20 years now. Corn syrup is in every single item on the menu. The buns, the burger, the fires, the onions, the coffee..... yuck.

20+ years ago when I was living in Madison, State Street McD did a tuesday(wednesday?) evening deal like $4 for a 20 piece mcnugget.
My buddy asked me that same question a few times over the next 12 hours as we couldn't be more then 30 seconds from a restroom the rest of the day......

I haven't eaten mcd's "food" in 20 years now. Corn syrup is in every single item on the menu. The buns, the burger, the fires, the onions, the coffee..... yuck.
again, that comment had NOTHING to do with the hamburger....

A bit of trivia... just on the sales of French fries Md's is able to cover virtually all their costs. Meaning everything else is effectively profit.

Interesting way of thinking about it. My pal managed McDs until he was about 30. He said the soda fountain was the biggest profit center by far at 90%. This was before they started making you pour your own drink at the fountain, so it's certainly more now.

Auto Transport Service
Back