• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memories that make you smile or laugh out loud

Was probably 92 and my then GF (now wife) and I had been dating since 89.

You two were pretty old when you met. It is nice to see people find love so late in life.

Last edited:
You too were pretty old when you met. It is nice to see people find love so late in life.
Old, lol. She was 15 going on 16, I was 19 going on 20.

Oh, now I see those were the years, not our age lol. That was 1992, we were dating since 1989.

You missed the point, man. Read it again.
“Was probably 92…” that can be interpreted as 92 years of age.
Now if you wrote 1992, that would be different

C00E71A9-8FCD-4618-AE16-8F02FD44D619.jpeg

IDK if it's interesting. Consider it a "tribute." If the mod wants to leave the post.
Delete it if you want, Kiwi.
But the girl I spoke of on the previous page that worked lingerie showed up at my door one day with a suit case. Her father had been abusive to her mother.
When she took up for her mother the father kicked her out. Of course, I said she could stay.
While I was still talking to her in the house, the English girl and another old "girl friend" knocked on my door together.
I answered it and said something like I was busy. Can't recall exactly. But we all had worked at that department store at one time or another.
It was so weird I still wonder about it today.
The girl in question, I'm recalling her face when that happened, worked here for a while.
Display Location: Brook Run (Formerly Georgia Retardation Center) - Urban Exploration Resource
I also spent time there.
Our youth group would bus there and give a Christmas party to those that could sit up in wheel chairs and have cake and ice cream stuffed in their mouths.
The ones in back in the beds....never saw them. Just heard them.
So much for smiles?

Was probably 92 and my then GF (now wife) and I had been dating since 89.

As she was in college, l thought it would make a nice gift to give her a hot pot (a plug in kettle that you could make things in like coffee, tea, soup...)

Seeing it was empty l filled it with candy and thought it was a nice gift.

It went over like a fart in a spacesuit. I've never lived that down all these many years later,
Umm...was the hot pot filled with candy plugged in and turned on?

A good buddy of mine still. This was a long time ago we were probably 21-22 years old
Had a big party and a few folks couldn’t leave. In the morning, Joe the roommate was obviously passed out. Someone was banging on the door real hard for a long time. I got up the energy to answer and it was Joes girlfriend. Really pissed off. She goes to his room and finds him in the sack with Maureen and Corrine identical twins.
We still talk about that one.

I was out with my buddy Doug one night, cruising around in his CJ5 and drinking too much. Eventually we headed for home and hit the interstate. When he came down the off-ramp, he blew through the intersection without slowing down. I told him 'Hey, you missed that stop sign!' He jammed the brakes, did a panic stop, hit reverse, backed right back through the same intersection, dropped to first and plowed right through the stop sign, sending it over the top of the Jeep. He looks at me and says, 'got it that time!' Good times!

When Theresa and I were dating, we would go to a favorite camping spot on the river. We would use my dad's international scout. It had a blow up mattress that filled the back and had a tent that attached on the back with the tailgate gate down and lift gate up, extending the room inside the length of the tailgate. I parked it almost in the river and it was nice waking up to the view. After a few days of only wearing shorts, chiggers got a hold of my a**. Theresa said finger nail polish would smother them, and I said, works for me. While dabbing my a**, I changed positions, and somehow, her toe nail cut me just below my eye. Don't ask how it happened. When we got home, I was in the driveway unloading the Scout and explained it to my dad, who just laughed. When we went inside my mother asked how I got the cut below my eye, not thinking about the nail polish part of the story, I looked at her and told her it was from Theresa's and I changing positions and her toe nail caught me. My dad already knowing the story said, that's never happened to your mother and I. I thought my mother was going to slide out of the kitchen chair and hit the floor all while gasping and repeating several time, oh dear God, no!!! We laughed about that for years and my mother always said the same thing, I don't think that was funny, while she laughed.
18284a_236808.jpg

One of a few that come to mind is from my mother. I used to bowl in a couple of leagues back in the 80’s. One Friday night my mom asked dad if he’d be interested in seeing Ron bowl. As she described it, my dad got a puzzled look and said ‘What’? She repeated, would you want to go see Ron bowl? He replied, “Who in the hell is Ron Bowl?”

Auto Transport Service
Back