• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern stereos?

DynaBro

Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
What have you guys done for sound? I want to keep the original panel in my 70 SuperBee. It has an 8 track. And run some sort of simple MP3 system. Hoping I can just hide a iPod in my console and run a discreet wire. Interested in whatever solutions you've come up with. I know there are some modern head units that are built to fit, right? My car also has no rear speakers.

Pretty slick but I don't think it would turn out too well with the old 8 track head unit. Did you use a modern one for this application or your original stereo?
It attaches to the am radio and you plug your phone into it. It plays through the original speaker.

If your radio has FM, there are many inexpensive solutions for transmitting to a unused FM radio frequency in your car. These gadgets plug into the cigarette lighter and allow you to pair your phone or other bluetooth device or USB to get into your cars radio. I don't have any experience with these, but have seen the on Amazon as well as E-Bay. Just search am/fm radio receiver and bluetooth transmitter

Auto Transport Service
Back