• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar electronic ignition ECMs: Which to consider and what to avoid!

Another NEW Chinese imitation ECU bites the dust. And my ***. I have been running the car around the yard a little bit, and on and off the trailer to get the windshield put in etc So Friday I put the old buckets in it and decided to go out for a real shakedown cruise. Nice afternoon, no problems, first ride for me and the dog, had a blast, put 35 miles on it. Next day wont start- no spark. Rats at least it made it home. Read about Mopar ECU's all afternoon Saturday, seems that the reality is, they are all basically untrustworthy except for NOS/ used ones with a real transistor in them. Getting a replacement one right away pretty much impossible- Soooo-
I bought a HEI module at Oreilleys, LX-301, mounted it on a heat sink standoff, wired it up temporarily, jumpered the ballast resistor, hit the key and it fired off immediately. Not only that but a noticable difference in how much better it runs. I ordered an internal resistance high energy coil, will do my new wiring harness over, open plug gaps up to .045 or .050 and mount the HEI on the bottom of the distributor. Then she aughta rip snort.
My 69 Roadrunner aint supposta have a cheap Chinese imitation ECU on the firewall anyway.
26080B90-893B-4E27-B312-97A83A29D8E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back