• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new Y2 69 Bee project

mattsmopars

Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my new 69 bee project today. I have had it bought for a while, but I got it home today. Overall a good solid car to start with, and basically complete. A life long Oregon car that was last registered in 1980.
Looks like someone has done a little body work here and there and primered a few spots, but for the most part it is original paint.
Its is a 383, 4 speed, bucket seat, console, N96 ramcharger hood, N85 tachometer, M46 side scoop, power disc brakes, deluxe interior car.
Has a replacement 69 383 Hp motor, and the original matching numbers 4 speed.
It has all of the ramcharger hood parts including the correct air cleaner. I also have the correct shifter and console, but everything is off and was in the trunk.

Anyway just thought I would share a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.
BTW if anyone needs a car moved I would recommend Bill from Bill's Autoworks.
He did a great job, with great communication and was right on time! You can find alot of references for him over on the HAMB message board. :headbang:
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_4852.jpg
    IMG_4852.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_4853.jpg
    IMG_4853.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_4854.jpg
    IMG_4854.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_4857.jpg
    IMG_4857.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_4858.jpg
    IMG_4858.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_4859.jpg
    IMG_4859.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 593
Nice car!good package of options.gonna leave it y2?

Yeap! I have a 69 Y2 GTX that is also a black top car and a 4 speed. Hopefully one day I can have them both restored. That way i will have a dodge and plymouth pair in the same color.
Matt

Nice Bee, hope to see it brought back to life soon. Solid foundation to start with.

Very nice looking project with some great options for a Bee.

Congratulations. Also kudo's on your scenic vista's. Looks like a nice place.

Thanks to everyone for the kind reply. I appreciate it, now I just wish I could find more time to restore some of my stuff. Seems I am only good at collecting it. Matt

Always nice to see one being rescued. That engine compartment photo almost seems too good for an original. Very nice. You don't see the stripe delete on Yellow too often, pretty cool to see for those of us that weren't around when these were new (or maybe old enough to appreciate them). Good luck with the restoration and congrats.

John

The guy I bought it from was doing some work on it , and basically what you see under the hood is what he had done along with some brake work. Matt

cool 69 Super Bee project, I had a 69 RR RM23 383ci 4 speed, my DD back in the early 90's, the same color combo

Hey Matt! Great to see you got the car and are underway finally. That is a beautiful car and I know you will make it an awesome ride. Sorry I have not checked in for a bit, just very busy with work, life etc like many of us. Thankfully the warm weather is upon us and the fever begins! Let me know if there is anything I can ever help you with up this way Matt. And yes I will be dropping by in person to see it. Good luck with the build and I look forward to watching the updates here.

Hey Matt! Great to see you got the car and are underway finally. That is a beautiful car and I know you will make it an awesome ride. Sorry I have not checked in for a bit, just very busy with work, life etc like many of us. Thankfully the warm weather is upon us and the fever begins! Let me know if there is anything I can ever help you with up this way Matt. And yes I will be dropping by in person to see it. Good luck with the build and I look forward to watching the updates here.

Thanks Buddy , and you stop by any time that your in my neck of the woods! We can grab a meal and catch up.
Matt

Auto Transport Service
Back