• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new Y2 69 Bee project

Man I got to so that Is a very Good offer. Either way I appreciate the offer to do that and I would love to come up and hang out and pull a few motors. I have already found a replacement E383 HP 69 model engine from a RM21 roadrunner. BTW you are also correct about another thing. It is a good car to restore and I should try to look at the positives and not the negatives. I have had and have a lot of blessings in my life if its nothing more that looking out my front porch.
Thanks again, Matt

Well I'm glad to hear you say that brother and that surely is some pretty Gods country down there. The engines are not in cars though they are in the garage :). Glad you found what you need.

Well I got the motor out tonight and found more damage. Just thought I would post up some other pictures. Looks like to me the lifters are rusty so the valves were probably stuck and caused them to hit the piston or something to that effect. Mn this sucks.
Matt
DAMN, kaboom, what a shame

Well I have been working on the 69 bee some as of late. I found another 69 383 HP engine from a friend and took it to the machine shop for inspection. It was still a together engine and was also standard bore. I had them do a light hone on the block and installed new rings and bearings. I also put on a new oil pump and water pump. I pretty much have everything painted an got the install pretty well finished last night. Just thought i would share a few pictures. Matt

Attachments

• IMG_6083.jpg
    IMG_6083.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_6088.jpg
    IMG_6088.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_6089.jpg
    IMG_6089.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_6093.jpg
    IMG_6093.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_6095.jpg
    IMG_6095.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 250
Man I got to so that Is a very Good offer. Either way I appreciate the offer to do that and I would love to come up and hang out and pull a few motors. I have already found a replacement E383 HP 69 model engine from a RM21 roadrunner. BTW you are also correct about another thing. It is a good car to restore and I should try to look at the positives and not the negatives. I have had and have a lot of blessings in my life if its nothing more that looking out my front porch.
Thanks again, Matt
thats a good way to look at it matt. Randy in lebanon

Orange with the Y2 contrast. Sweet.

That engine really looks at home nestled in there. Great looking car!

Well Its with sort of a heavy heart that I report i have sold / traded my 69 Bee. The car went to Indiana. I looked a long time for a car as good as this one to start with and paid up for it plus the cost of having it moved here from Oregon. It put a bad taste in my mouth over the engine being blown up, but once I got to work on finding and rebuilding the replacement 69 383 HP block I was enjoying it. I found a car that I could not pass up the oppertunity on so this car had to go. I will be starting a thread on the new car once I get it cleaned up and have a decent day to take some pictures. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement that you gave along the way. It is easy to get down over things that are not as big of a problem as first thought. We should always count the blessings that we have. Merry Christmas and Thanks, Matt

Well Its with sort of a heavy heart that I report i have sold / traded my 69 Bee. The car went to Indiana. I looked a long time for a car as good as this one to start with and paid up for it plus the cost of having it moved here from Oregon. It put a bad taste in my mouth over the engine being blown up, but once I got to work on finding and rebuilding the replacement 69 383 HP block I was enjoying it. I found a car that I could not pass up the oppertunity on so this car had to go. I will be starting a thread on the new car once I get it cleaned up and have a decent day to take some pictures. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement that you gave along the way. It is easy to get down over things that are not as big of a problem as first thought. We should always count the blessings that we have. Merry Christmas and Thanks, Matt

I agree Matt! Keep your chin up, ive been there and in the end sometimes it gets even better then we expected! Good luck and right back at you, Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! :)

Sweet car! Aside from the color it looks like mine. Only in a little better shape. Good luck with your new project!

Here is the old girl on the trailer the night before I took her to the new owner.
I did talk with him a couple of days after he got it and he said the new engine started right up and seemed like a really good motor.
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_6096.jpg
    IMG_6096.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_6097.jpg
    IMG_6097.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 190
Hope the new owner brings her back to life the way she should be.

Sweet car! Aside from the color it looks like mine. Only in a little better shape. Good luck with your new project!

I have saw your car and progress on moparts. You have a nice project going! It does not get much better than a TX9 4 speed 69 Bee.
Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Hope the new owner brings her back to life the way she should be.

I really hope so too. It really is one of those cars that deserves to be done up right. Thanks, Matt

Auto Transport Service
Back