• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice article over at Hagerty: This ’63 Plymouth Savoy holds a family legend

Imperial One

Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
https://www.hagerty.com/media/magaz...m_medium=email&utm_content=Monday_DailyDriver

Dennis-1963-Plymouth-18-scaled.jpg

Thanks Imperial One, I get their Magazine and read it. Good stories on Evil Knievel and the Hemi as well!

Great story. And if anyone wanting to see pics of an original '63 Super Stock it's this one:)

Reminds me of @383man 's '63

March/April Issue
20210315_234918.jpg

20210315_234231.jpg

Last edited:
Love the story and thanks for sharing!!

Great story. A buddy of mine has a '63 Belvedere hardtop with a '69 383 in it. He bought it as a restored car, but always thought it needed "something". He put a Max Wedge hood scoop on it, and then it was complete. I was sixteen and due to get my driver's license soon when the '63 Plymouths came out and I thought they were gorgeous. My mother was shopping for a new car that year (she drove Meteors, a Canada produced Ford sold at the Mercury store), and I begged her to buy one. She reluctantly agreed to test drive a new Plymouth because of my pestering. The local dealership must not have wanted her to buy one because they gave her a bare bones Savoy sedan with a buzzin' half-dozen connected to push buttons to drive. This dealership sat near the bottom of a steep hill, so the test drive was always to see how well the car conquered the hill. My mom was not impressed. She then went to the Mercury dealesrhip where they gave her a nicely equipped new Meteor (like a Fairlane) powered by a small V-8 to try out. She came home with the Meteor.

Thats my buddy Denny Sanders who I talk to on face book sometimes. Great guy and an awesome story !! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back