• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS RR Doorskin.... What's It Worth???

A38Valiant

Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Got a NOS driver door skin for 73-74 Plymouth B-body 2 door. Some dude saw this in my garage, and wants to buy it. Wondering what it's worth. Not expecting to get rich, but don't want to get shafted either. Please give me your honest opinions. Thanks.

What's your definition of "shafted"? Would it be you selling it for a price YOU are happy with only to find out market value is more so you think you shafted yourself?

i'm just askin

This guy has a bit of a reputation as a hustler. When he inquired about it, I told him to make an offer. Tells me he has no idea what it's worth. Funny thing is, he doesn't own a B-body. He's obviously lookin to resell this. I got no problem with that, and I got no problem with him makin some bucks offa me. But if it should be worth $500, I hate to tell him $400 and have him try to convince me it's only worth $200.

maybe you can call amd and find out what that would cost and then you can make a decision on how much you want to sell it for.

Didn't know amd was makin them. Guess that lowers the value of an NOS original some.

not sure if AMD does make them,maybe you could find a body shop in your area and see what they would charge for a "skin". I'm not trying to de-value what you have,just giving you some ideas on who you could ask that deals with those pieces.

I dont think AMD is making them. However... a pristine NOS door skin could be worth a few $ to them as a template for reproduction. And that helps EVERYBODY! Or you could just "fish" it on Ebay, with a satisfactory reserve, and see what the market says. I'm sure there is someone **** enough about their resto, that that will be willing to pay dearly.

I dont think AMD is making them. However... a pristine NOS door skin could be worth a few $ to them as a template for reproduction. And that helps EVERYBODY! Or you could just "fish" it on Ebay, with a satisfactory reserve, and see what the market says. I'm sure there is someone **** enough about their resto, that that will be willing to pay dearly.

that is a good idea to see if amd would be willing to remake them using your piece.

These go for at least 175-250 repros..at year one Since there NOS id say 250 min^^

Auto Transport Service
Back