• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOT MINE-Chip Foose 1966 Dodge A100 van Built on Overhaulin show - $22500 (Thousand oaks)

That stripe gives the illusion of the body line being lower than it is. Makes the whole thing look top heavy.

Today people don't appreciate the look, but back in the early 70's that would have been a bad *** ride. I had two back in the day, both fords, a 71 and a 64.

Not me, it looks like if you slammed on the brakes you would endo. LOL.
If the front brakes are good enough....they lock up fine....

upload_2019-1-11_8-38-28.png

:lol:

With no a/c, it's probably as hot as a toaster too on summer days.
I can confirm that any additional heat from an other-than-stock engine, will create extra heat inside, and A/C is a must in these vehicles. The cabin is very cosy in the pickups, and I can only imagine the vans being only slightly better for heat dissipation in the enclosed space. In hindsight, I should have cut the rear of the cabin, and pushed my engine backwards.... :rolleyes:
upload_2019-1-11_8-42-8.png

@69a100 Your new van is waiting fer ya, Jon!
Even though I'm workin on my retirement, Show me the money!:poke: I like BamBam just fine the way he is, plus it seems everybody up here want to buy it for the surfin look. Plus I have a 300 to deal with.
As I think I'm the only van owner on the board, this was a build that I did pay attention to. He upgraded the suspension & steering but never said what he did or used. The upsets the A100 crowd as the steering is the whole shaft & box as one unit, so what'd he do? What & how did he also change the front windows & delete the wing windows? It's a cool build & I'd drive it. Speaking of wheels, take your pick? That is a Mopar red too.
133.JPG
615.JPG

Even though I'm workin on my retirement, Show me the money!:poke: I like BamBam just fine the way he is, plus it seems everybody up here want to buy it for the surfin look. Plus I have a 300 to deal with.
As I think I'm the only van owner on the board, this was a build that I did pay attention to. He upgraded the suspension & steering but never said what he did or used. The upsets the A100 crowd as the steering is the whole shaft & box as one unit, so what'd he do? What & how did he also change the front windows & delete the wing windows? It's a cool build & I'd drive it. Speaking of wheels, take your pick? That is a Mopar red too.
View attachment 703179 View attachment 703180

yeah, funny huh?
I like this much better...(69a100's)
I know, I know...the other is a Foose, but honestly I never liked a single car/truck/project he had ever accomplished...not one!

As for the doghouse heat issue? I have 2 layers of the generic dynomat all around and a good lid seal. I do find on a hot day driving around and parking for 5 minutes, the house is hot to the touch. Get in & go the house is fairly cool after a couple minutes with airflow. I like the feature of poppin the hood while driving, helps with cooling when needed, but I do it to be a badass!

View attachment 703179 View attachment 703180
I have no problem with the look of the other one or this one. My ford had the back doors shaved into on a completely smooth panel like the sides. No windows and fabricated welded steel flares on all four corner. No bumpers, roll pan, before there was a roll pan and cragars, 10 inch on the back and 7 on the front. It was started in the early 70's.

A100's are a love it or hate it thing, I happen to love them and would drive the wheels off of that! I saw the episode, should have a matching trailer and jet skiis to go with it if I remember correctly? Don't care for the rims though...
That was an different A-100 truck & Jetski/trailer
different episode, a Hawaiian guy who's dad owned the truck
was gonna' be passed down to another generation

-------------------------------------------------------------------

but the van is cool IMO too

this guy was the hockey coach
his boys & his hockey team he coached, was the theme
of the build
his wife was the person (insider) who chose the style

it was 1000% better than what they started out with too

IIRC it was the 100th build of the show too
hence the OH100

---------------------------------------------------------------------

wheels are an easy fix
I don't care for the stripes & again it could be changed
I like the tucked bumpers & the frenched headlights
clean up of the back too
Hell it's been 10 years or so, since that build too...
They had far more than the asking price in parts alone
albeit driven for 10 (?) years, it could be worn out

I'd drive the piss out of it

you could add an aftermarket A/C too
not that big of a deal, tight fit maybe
easy enough

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get some of the others hatred/negativity
towards Foose/Overhaulin' or modified MoPar builds

takes all types to make the world go round
it'd be boring as hell if everyone did the same stuff all the time

my thoughts

Last edited:
That was an different A-100 truck & Jetski/trailer
different episode, a Hawaiian guy who's dad owned the truck
was gonna' be passed down to another generation

-------------------------------------------------------------------

but the van is cool IMO too

this guy was the hockey coach
his boys & his hockey team he coached, was the theme
of the build
his wife was the person (insider) who chose the style

it was 1000% better than what they started out with too

IIRC it was the 100th build of the show too
hence the OH100

---------------------------------------------------------------------

wheels are an easy fix
I don't care for the stripes & again it could be changed
I like the tucked bumpers & the frenched headlights
clean up of the back too
Hell it's been 10 years or so, since that build too...
They had far more than the asking price in parts alone
albeit driven for 10 (?) years, it could be worn out

I'd drive the piss out of it

you could add an aftermarket A/C too
not that big of a deal, tight fit maybe
easy enough

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get some of the others hatred/negativity
towards Foose/Overhaulin' or modified MoPar builds

takes all types to make the world go round
it'd be boring as hell if everyone did the same stuff all the time

my thoughts
Amen to that:thumbsup:

it looks like if you slammed on the brakes you would endo

I knew a guy in high school who had a shortened VW bus..... he had to position his passengers carefully because in the slightest panic stop, it would endo.

I had an A100 myself and I loved it. Got lot's of compliments on it everywhere I went! I wish I still had it. A nice, simple little van. A blast to drive!

mirada1-3-jpg.jpg

As for the doghouse heat issue? I have 2 layers of the generic dynomat all around and a good lid seal. I do find on a hot day driving around and parking for 5 minutes, the house is hot to the touch. Get in & go the house is fairly cool after a couple minutes with airflow. I like the feature of poppin the hood while driving, helps with cooling when needed, but I do it to be a badass!
I guess the heat is a different issue for me....having a badass 408 under the lid makes for more fun....and heat. :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

I guess the heat is a different issue for me....having a badass 408 under the lid makes for more fun....and heat. :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

Not to mention a lot more ponies then my tired ol' /6!

Last edited:
Part way through watching Rust Bros for the 4th time now, and I spot a familiar vehicle in the back of JF Launier's shop.

Rust Bros is no stranger to crappy continuity - the mauve convertible Cambird/Famaro they sold to Habitat for Humanity is sitting in the back of Mike's shop some 4 episodes after it was sold. The white '70 Dodge Charger R/T is still in the yard at least 6 episodes after it was supposedly sold, and the green Coronet is still in the paint shop 3 episodes after it was finished and handed over. :rolleyes:

So I'm sitting there watching JF talk about his entry in the Hit-to Pass competition that week....when I spot the Foose built A100 aka OH-100 in the back of his shop.

:xscuseless:

1720346574960.png

1720346604656.png

1720346670154.png

So the question is - Did JF buy that van off the original owner after he couldn't afford to keep it? ...or did Foose give it to JF for helping out on several episodes?

A long way to transport an A100 - Huntington Beach to BC, Canada .....one hellava drive in one of those vans.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back