• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old member finally coming out... story of my true barn find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedome

Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
... no, not that way lol.
Been a member for about 11 years since when I first got a '64 Polara, and other B-bodies beginning with my first vintage car, a '62 Polara 500 convert in 1979. But mostly since then about 15 C-body Mopars and 4 A-bodies have graced my garage over that time. Now I was looking for a '70 Fury when fate has intervened to bring me back to a B-body once again, detailed here:

An old friend who's a retired Dodge dealer body-man informed me about a car that's been in his neighbor's barn for over 30 years, all he knew was it that it's a Dodge. I arranged to go see it asap, not knowing what to expect with so little info.

Well it turned out to be a '70 Charger R/T in a rather neglected and sorry state but pretty much complete and with many extra parts scavenged from 2 others (1 R/T and 1 500, both 1970s) that he'd owned as a kid in his 20s, one being an R/T that he wrecked back then. Extra R/T doors with the "vent" panels, a front bumper, grille, and many other spare parts. The current one was bought to replace the wrecked one and is certainly restorable but is a big project for sure. Lots of good things though: very solid firewall, strong in some underbody areas, no signs of wrecks, good top (no vinyl top!), decent almost useable interior, with the typical problems in the usual but fairly straightforward fixable areas. The multitude of new available and pretty cheap body parts makes it feasible and the V-Code VIN (originally a 6-Pack 4 spd I think, need to futher decode), dark green under black paint (ditto), the specs makes it a pretty desirable one to restore. I figure if you're gonna re-do a car it's a good idea to have one that'll have a decently high value if and when done right.

Posted a pic of the crusty fender tag too.
Vin XS29VO (G or C? hard to read) xxxxxx.
So that's where we're at, still in the barn, slowly bringing home extra spare parts (doors, grille, bumper, lights, seats, you name it) at the moment. At this point not sure what I"ll do with it, but sure is a nice if pretty unexpected find.
Happy Motoring from Roger in NY

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

rrr 001.JPG

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

Last edited:
Now, why can't I find one of those? Very nice! You're gonna have fun cleaning that one up.
When you wash the pidgeon poop off of it it'll look like new! More Pic's?

Wow, that's an awesome find.
I would focus on getting it out of there ASAP.

And welcome from Ionia, NY.

Last edited:
Cool find :thumbsup:

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

No 170626 on the fender tag by chance is there?
Looks like you scored with those!

Last edited:
Maybe you can locate the Broadcast Sheet under the rear seat cushion.

Wow, nice find ! Talk about discovering a desirable model to do ! Hope the rust/corrosion is not too extensive. Good luck and have fun !

Nice to see they are still out there to be found.

Looking forward to the updates.

dark green under black paint
Looks like FF4 light green metallic to me on the uncrusty part of the fender tag.

Definitely worth saving this rare and desirable car!

Edit:
Revised to FF4 from EF4.

Last edited:
If it's possible to remove the fender tag take a picture of the back and then you can reverse the image. The back side might be in better shape.

Good find :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Get at her!!!

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia

Welcome! That is a amazing find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back