• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My very own barn find! Seeing light for the first time in 44 years.

Welcome, great story. Smart to keep it all these years.

Welcome (3)f.jpg

Great to see it was stored with the windows up. Tires from 1978?

I was so surprised on how she fired up after sitting so long. We cut the gas line and ran it off the red Jerry can. From what we can see the carburetor didn't look very gummed up and we cut the line there was no fuel in the line it must have been when ran it dry out of fuel before forgetting about it and turning it into a time capsule. We took the plugs out added a little bit of oil in the cylinders hand cranked it until the engine turned a bit, fill the carburetor bowl with fuel added a fresh new battery topped up the rad. And that was it a few cranks and a few sputters and then she ran smooth. The brakes were a problem we had to unseize the two front calipers and the one rear drum and then the car managed to make its way out. I'm trying to find brake lines for this car as I like to replace them and I'm having a hard time doing that I can find for a 74 b-body brake lines and I can't seem to find for 78.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. YOU are blessed.

Welcome from Alabama, wow 44 years is a long time. It's like you forgot you had it. I haven't checked but brake parts and soft lines shouldn't be to difficult. The hard lines could be a problem.

Wow, I remember going down to the local Dodge dealership here in town with my best friend and he tried to order a Magnum with a 400 and a 727 to tow his 72 340 Duster to the track ! It fell thru, never came in, and he bought a Buick instead. In '92 he ordered a D250 with every option except for diesel & 4 wheel drive from Harry at Strongsville Dodge and we hauled that Duster around for many years. My friend has passed away, the truck is gone but I have the 340 Duster

Welcome aboard Sir, from the birthplace of the Republican Party. Like going back in time, nice ride!

Welcome to FBBO from NY!
Hand cranked it with some oil in the cylinders before you bumped the starter?

You're a good man :thumbsup:

1722868011479.png

o grata on still having your old car ! man that is luck ! i’m sure most of us here wish we had one from the past . i find myself kicking my own *** fromm time to time ! on a good note i bought a brand new harley in 1984 , still got that one . we been together 40 years now. welcome to the f/bo family….

9FDBA1A2-A3D1-43F8-9EC1-40A2E498777A.jpeg

Thats almost like the one I had back in the early 80's except mine had T tops and was all leather . Sweet! and welcome From Southern Alabama

Auto Transport Service
Back