• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

A4D8CF09-7B95-4A02-9C79-9BA53CABCBA5.jpeg

27E406B7-CD34-4594-BD89-CCF135801A10.jpeg

B5D0854E-DD99-4253-90F2-FEEEA636BA67.jpeg

ED6C4737-49BA-486F-81F9-9B050227E837.jpeg

I know this is a repost, but it looks to be in crisper focus.

IMG_6366.jpeg

The other day, I was re-arranging vehicles in my garage, getting ready for winter. I had my '67 R/T idling out in the driveway, when an older man in a Buick pulled in and got out of his car. I asked if I could help him. He introduced himself and said he was a neighbour from a mile or so down the highway. He said he would occasionally see this car outside, and meant to stop in, as it reminded him of one he used as a Student Driver car when he used to teach at the local High School. He then gave me a reprinted newspaper clipping of the car. The car in the picture is a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 SE 4-door sedan. This would have been a very deluxe vehicle for its use. Likely fairly rare in its day, I can count the number of these I have seen on the fingers of one hand. Dodge introduced the "SE" moniker part way through 1966 on its most expensive sedan, and used it extensively after that to denote its most deluxe models in series.

Attachments

• 1967 Student driver car.pdf
    835.9 KB · Views: 93
The other day, I was re-arranging vehicles in my garage, getting ready for winter. I had my '67 R/T idling out in the driveway, when an older man in a Buick pulled in and got out of his car. I asked if I could help him. He introduced himself and said he was a neighbour from a mile or so down the highway. He said he would occasionally see this car outside, and meant to stop in, as it reminded him of one he used as a Student Driver car when he used to teach at the local High School. He then gave me a reprinted newspaper clipping of the car. The car in the picture is a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 SE 4-door sedan. This would have been a very deluxe vehicle for its use. Likely fairly rare in its day, I can count the number of these I have seen on the fingers of one hand. Dodge introduced the "SE" moniker part way through 1966 on its most expensive sedan, and used it extensively after that to denote its most deluxe models in series.
Nice training car for sure, looks like they're driving on snowy streets. Way better than my driver's education car, a (brand new) 1974 Nova with a six and three on the tree.

Auto Transport Service
Back