• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

FB_IMG_1699354731216.jpg

69 Charger R/T on the television show Hawaii 5 0. The car appears to be F5 green, Stripe delete,with the Chrysler airtemp sticker on the right rear quarter window,14 inch wheels with full wheel covers. No dork dish hubcaps on this R/T! No vynal top either! The episode was season two episode 23 from 1970!

View attachment 1553350

View attachment 1553351
Same wheel discs and white walls that my new '69 SuperBee came from the factory with. Dork Discs! They didn't stay on the car very long. I like watching Hawaii 50 (the original series) just to see what I can find in the traffic scenes. Also to see McGarrett squeal his Merc's tires on dirt roads. Good catch!

June 1988. Youngest... who just had our latest Gbaby was not quite 3 months old. Wife and I had a booth at the Plastics show in McCormick Place Chicago. Afterwards I convinced her to hit the SMNationals in Du Quoin. Less than amused... we had to sleep in the car as couldn't get a room and then it was 109F in the shade the following day.
20231108_154949.jpg
20231108_155213.jpg
20231108_155258.jpg

Somebody went to a lot of work to make a blue 1970 Daytona in that last photo. Too bad it does not have the flush mounted rear window.
The two known 70 Daytona's didn't have the flush mounted rear window. I believe they were built to be show cars,and were not held to the Nascar Homologation rules necessary to compete on the track. At the time they were built,Creative Industries was busily making the pieces to build 1935 Superbirds that had to be completed before January 1st of 1970,because of the newly instituted federal bumper regulations. I believe Creative couldn't fit these cars into the schedule for the rear window conversion.

54f8_3.sized.jpg

70daytona3.jpg

June 1988. Youngest... who just had our latest Gbaby was not quite 3 months old. Wife and I had a booth at the Plastics show in McCormick Place Chicago. Afterwards I convinced her to hit the SMNationals in Du Quoin. Less than amused... we had to sleep in the car as couldn't get a room and then it was 109F in the shade the following day.
View attachment 1553827View attachment 1553828View attachment 1553829
I was there too! may well have a photo of that Super Bee 'round here... :)

I bet there was at least 45 Super Bees there. I have pictures of at least 10 in the album, from the days of 35mm.. lol
So that wasn't your car...? Wondered why yall drove such a beast to a trade show; makes more sense now. :)
In 88, we drove our new-ish Ford pickup to the event due to not having a suitable other car at the moment, so I'm sure you have no photos of my vehicle. However, unless you took only Mopar pics, you might have some of a couple of friends. OH!.... and if you heard stories about some idiot setting off the fire alarm at the good ol Best Inns in Marion...it was an accident. No, really it was!
Loved the Street Machine Nationals.

So that wasn't your car...? Wondered why yall drove such a beast to a trade show; makes more sense now. :)
In 88, we drove our new-ish Ford pickup to the event due to not having a suitable other car at the moment, so I'm sure you have no photos of my vehicle. However, unless you took only Mopar pics, you might have some of a couple of friends. OH!.... and if you heard stories about some idiot setting off the fire alarm at the good ol Best Inns in Marion...it was an accident. No, really it was!
Loved the Street Machine Nationals.
LOL, I don't remember the hotel.. but we were "sleeping" in the Buick Lesabre with the 3 month old. Burn outs going 'till 4AM, fire alarms going off.... ah the good old day! LMAO

LOL, I don't remember the hotel.. but we were "sleeping" in the Buick Lesabre with the 3 month old. Burn outs going 'till 4AM, fire alarms going off.... ah the good old day! LMAO
Well, IF you were in Marion, the 'burnout hotel' was the Holiday Inn. It was just the other side of the lumber yard from the Best Inn...

Auto Transport Service
Back