• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

BS....I ran consistent 12:96 with my A12 RR C pure stock right out of the showroom. They didn't even test one. Only ever got beat street racing by a Buick GS.
Beat LS6 Chevelle at York US 30 In the finals.
I'll point out the obvious here:
Just because that particular publication did not include your car on their list (probably because they didn't test one back in
the day) does not make the list itself "BS".
At best, one could surmise the list isn't all-inclusive of what was available in the day, which is obvious.

Ronnie Sox tested a 69 A12 Road Runner with the carbs tweaked to the nines,a recurved distributor, tuned by his mechanic and the best he could muster out of it was a 12.99.

These were on two of my Mopar's a few years back.

IMG_2713.JPG

I'll point out the obvious here:
Just because that particular publication did not include your car on their list (probably because they didn't test one back in
the day) does not make the list itself "BS".
At best, one could surmise the list isn't all-inclusive of what was available in the day, which is obvious.
Car Life actually did test an A12 Super Bee about a month after the vehicles shown in that table (I was a subscriber back then). If I recall correctly, their test came up with a 13.8, fairly consistent with the other results. I remember well that it was faster than the Charger 500 Hemi automatic. During the period Bill Clark owned my GTX, he also had an A12 Road Runner, which his son ran a few times at the strip. He told me he ran high 13s with the car, which carried numerous weight adding power options not normally found on the factory platform. After Bill sold it, it had the rep of never getting beat on the street. Car is currently rotting in the backyard of the guy who bought it. The proverbial "I'm going to fix it up someday" from his son.

Last edited:
People used to sit and climb onto their muscle cars. Remember that when you are blocking all those flat surfaces and you can't figure out how the car has so many low spots!
Cars use to be loved and enjoyed, they shared the memories with the owners. Now all people want to do is talk money

Auto Transport Service
Back