• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pink cars

696pack

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Who likes them and who doesn't.

I am speaking strickly of original mopar hipo color on the hipo cars.

Personally I like them. You have to be secure in your manhood to drive one but they can look really cool.

In 1970 I was at Mr. Norm's Grand Spalding Dodge. On the street in front of the dealership there was a new Six Pack Challenger with dealer plates on it equipped as follows:

Panther Pink
Black R/T side stripes
Black T/A hood
Black vinyl top
Black rear window louvers
Black interior
Console 4 speed

These are the things I remember, I don't remember if it was an axle package car, but probably know how Norm's cars were ordered for stock. I was just struck by the visual of the car.

The car was AWESOME looking!:yes:

I don't expect many people were laughfing at the car when they were looking at it tail lights being dusted in the 1/4.

I like em'. It's actually a pretty cool color with the sun shining on it.

My buddy has a 70 T/A clone and it looks awesome. The cool thing is it's one of forty-something cars that came that color. That said I'm not in a rush to paint one of my RR's pink but if I was in my buddy's shoes with a factory pink 70 challenger I would not have changed it either. I don't think a pink RR would look good, but the Challenger with the black appointments is hot! Or hot pink I should say!

I had a BBQ at my shop a while back and it was there. The girls loved it!! Hmmm, maybe he's on to something :tongueflap:

pink.jpg

I like them because there definitely different and the rare color helps raise collectors value, I had a Panther Pink T/A, and done really well with it, I got it in early 80s, it wasn't a keeper, I restored it and I sold it......Chaaaaa Ching !!!!!!

Panther is cool because it is different. I like different so check out my color. I have taken 1st 3 times at shows because I built it different.

The Rarity of it draws me to it,..........I love the rare cars, colors, options,................... However, I would not paint a car this color if it didn't come this color.

Panther Pink is a great color but I hate to say it doesn't look right on some cars. E or A bodies look Great in it. I told my wife I was going to paint the Doba Pink and she said *ell No.:rolling:

Panther Pink is a great color but I hate to say it doesn't look right on some cars. E or A bodies look Great in it. I told my wife I was going to paint the Doba Pink and she said *ell No.:rolling:

I agree some body styles "Wear It Well"....and some look like "Train Wrecks" when painted this color.............as far as the Doba, ..........Let's put it this way, be glad your Wife has good taste ! :rolling:

I'm Media Blasting right now (today and tomorrow) the parts to a 70 'Cuda in Panther Pink, or whatever it's called. I love that color! Sort of reddish, and yellowish, wicked awesome! When I get rich, I'm going to buy a new Challenger in that new hue Pink MOPAR is offering! I get the car on Friday, and, it's a convertible too!

I absolutely love FM3 cars. I was gonna paint my Duster that color. Whatever I get next may be that color as well.

You could discuss it all day long but sometimes a photo is better....

attachment.jpg

Yeah Panther pink is sweet. the black lettering on the pink looks good. Oh oh wait didn't see the car in the picture hahah just kidding, There is a 71' pp Duster on Craigslist i was considering awhile back but glad i held off. It is a cool color though.

I was considering painting my 70 Swinger FM3 even though it was originally beige in color. I love the color and would love to own an original, however I like my car. I am having trouble getting over painting the car pink by choice.

I agree, i dont really like Panther Pink on a A body, and it really doesnt look right on that 70 Charger.

But i saw a 69 Superbee that was Panther Pink, man i want that car, that color rocks on that car, just my opinion.

I like them and appreciate what they are, but I don't think I would ever own one. I prefer them with white trim.
KID

pink auto column 5.jpg

pink 70 bee auto console.jpg

attachment.jpg

Yeah Panther pink is sweet. the black lettering on the pink looks good. Oh oh wait didn't see the car in the picture hahah just kidding, There is a 71' pp Duster on Craigslist i was considering awhile back but glad i held off. It is a cool color though.

If you put it that way...I LIKE IT!

I like them and appreciate what they are, but I don't think I would ever own one. I prefer them with white trim.
KID

I'm with the kid on this one.Here is one from the 1970 Chicago auto show.I brought back from Carlisle for a clubmember:sleepy2:

112-1217_IMG.jpg

112-1219_IMG.jpg

112-1225_IMG.jpg

113-1309_IMG.jpg

113-1308_IMG.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back