• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plymouth has been gone too long

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
I work in a essential industry and have taken advantage of the lower gas prices and less idiots on the road by driving my Road Runner to and from work every Thursday and Friday.
I've got lots of stories to tell about some of the people you meet in traffic on a workday when driving an old MOPAR, but tonight was worth sharing with FBBO.
Was driving home from work and a first generation F150 LIGHTNING was trying to get around me. I was not trying to play games, but the traffic patterns were always keeping me ahead. I could tell he was trying to pass me, or come around, so I finally slowed down and went into the far right lane (three lane 45 MPH road).
The guy in the LIGHNTING finally comes up next to me at the red light. He takes off his seat belt and slides over to the passenger window and yelled "I've been racking my brains since I saw your car.…...WHO MADE PLYMOUTH???!!!???".

I replied "Chrysler".

He exclaimed "THATS IT!!!!!!" I would not have slept tonight without knowing this!!!"

Light turned green and the guy U Turned at the next intersection. Glad I could help.

Plymouth has been gone too long.

Nah, he was just another idiot. They breed like rabbits these days.
It was cool that he recognized coolness and chased you down though.
:thumbsup:

Had a buddy that came over when we first got the Charger. He pointed at the R/T emblem and says, "RT, is that what cars had before GT was a thing?" I just shook my head and chuckled..

"I had one of those years ago, only mine was a 429 six pack car. Use to pull the front wheels street racing...Sweet Pontiac!!!"
:rofl:

I have had a green and black 2014 Mustang GT trying for a rematch. Saw him 2 days ago. I was in the left turn lane going west and he was in the left turn lane going north. He pulled through and did a u turn to get next to me as I got the green arrow. He obviously didn't see the sheriff turning behind me. He did another u turn and left. He really really wants a rematch :)

Plymouth will always be in my garage

3.21.12 (49).JPG

I went through a Taco Johns drive up not long ago in my rusted out 1998 Ram 2500 work truck with 260,000 miles on it and the kid at the drive up window exclaimed, "Nice Truck! I always wanted a second gen!"
Nice kid, bless his soul.

2nd gen is what kids call that body style. 1st gen is the flat hood before that. It start with the Cummins fans. I have one! 94 started the 2nd Gen with a Cummins.
I went through a Taco Johns drive up not long ago in my rusted out 1998 Ram 2500 work truck with 260,000 miles on it and the kid at the drive up window exclaimed, "Nice Truck! I always wanted a second gen!"
Nice kid, bless his soul.

2nd gen is what kids call that body style. 1st gen is the flat hood before that. It start with the Cummins fans. I have one! 94 started the 2nd Gen with a Cummins.
Right. My son has a 91 W250 first gen.

I'm a Plymouth guy too...

I do have a 99 Dodge Dakota SLT 4X4 still
so I have equal opportunity 'garage rats'

PLYMOUTH - I had a '70 Cuda (would like to still have) and my '63 Fury I've had for 25 years. I've had four Dodge trucks (currently have my 2nd Dakota) and a Challenger. My dad's 1st car was a '35 Plymouth coupe he bought around 1938 long gone before I came around. So many awesome cars by Plymouth and well represented by private eyes on some old PI shows. One was buried in a 50 year time capsule in 1957 I think in OK, maybe Tulsa. That didn't end well when they brought it up. Well if the guy who had to catch up to ask who made Plymouth...he likely was versed enough to look it up on the web when he got home! As a mopar guy just can't imagine what life would a been without Chrysler Corporation!

Auto Transport Service
Back