• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post up facts and things that hardly anyone knows...... (for entertainment purposes only. NO need to fact check)

The dog drives when the goat's drunk.
That's how I learned to
drive. As a serrogate.
Was intimidated by the
size of that '59 Olds. Could
barely see over the dash.
The goat, dog, and dad,
passed out in the back
seat.

Last edited:
Tetanus injections are given in the arm.....not the butt.

Ask me how I know ...now. :rolleyes:

1722073961778.png

In Las Cruces, NM it is against the law to carry a lunch box down Main Street.

It is against the law for women to pump their own gas or change a flat tire
anywhere in the state.

Last edited:
Where do women have the fuzziest hair . . . ?

1722075984258.png

In Fiji of course. :poke:

Kenny G can play the sax while inhaling through his nose enabling him to sustain a single note for as long as he likes.

Last edited:
It only takes 50 milliamps (.05 amps) of electrical current to kill a human being.
As they say, it ain't the volts but the amps that gitcha...be careful!
One of several parameters of the Electrical Safety Tests I do on medical and lab equipment is test for "chassis current" which is the amount of electrical current running through a device's chassis when it is plugged in and powered up, and made operational. Some devices have the same electrical properties under power on at rest and in operation, while some exhibit a spike in chassis current from overcoming the inertia or the mechanical resistance of whatever a pump or motor is moving, and then it drops off to a steady state.
The maximum chassis current allowed to pass the test is 300 micro amps in a wet environment or 500 dry.
The other main factor is ground resistance, which is the measurement in Ohms of the resistance from any external metal part of the device OR from the test point (metal post) both of which should have the same ground as they are physically connected to the ground prong of the plug end of the power cord. The max resistance is .50 or 1/2 Ohm. The purpose of assuring that this low resistance is present is in the event of some electrical failure or other event, or just through normal operation of the device, that any "stray" current that develops travels through the ground wire into the grounding system of the wiring in the building, and NOT travel through a person, people, or object(s) that device may be in contact with.
Just one of many examples why electrical safety is so important, especially where medical equipment in the environment of care is concerned. The following 50 second clip demonstrates 2 common uses of an ESU (Electro Surgical Unit) or "Lightning in a Box" as I call them. ESUs are in just about every procedure room of every surgical facility I've been in, and dentists use them too:

So it's easy to understand how horribly it could go if there is an electrical safety issue with ANY medical equipment when you have an ESU generating so much current it literally cuts and cauterizes meat, the procedure table is stainless steel, there are usually 2 to 5 medical personnel in a surgery case, and saline IV fluid present, that sometimes winds up on the floor. Blood often winds up on the floor, and that too is an excellent conductor of electricity.
Wall of Text was really this -big kitten-.jpg

Which is why most safety devices are designed to trip at 0.03 Amps - or 30 milliamps. :thumbsup:

The rating drops to 0.01 Amps or 10 milliamps for areas in surgical rooms - dentists, doctors, hospitals etc....and schools here in New Zealand.
I was composing my Wall Of Text when you posted the above quote.
300-500 microamps is the max chassis current allowed in medical equipment. A microamp is 1/1000 of a milliamp.

And that fact in itself makes a mockery of the "Electric Chair" form of execution.

Talk about over-kill and showmanship. :jackoff:
I wish I'd never seen the scene of the intentionally botched electric chair execution in the movie "The Green Mile". Far too realistic, and already a horrible way to die, IMO.

Auto Transport Service
Back