• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post up facts and things that hardly anyone knows...... (for entertainment purposes only. NO need to fact check)

1722029533007.png
Marie Osmond has a natural 36C bra size.

Not sure....but Bob Crane aka Col. Hogan was in real life a sexual deviant.

The stories are out there about his dalliances with whips and chains and dominatrixes. :lol:
Yeah, there's a lot of that in the book "Who Killed Bob Crane?".
1722046935911.jpeg

People used to think that air ships (people carrying balloons) were taken aloft by magical black smoke (not hot air). First flight (with humans aboard) based on this idea was on 11/21/1783. That flew some 25 miles.
It was only later that the whole "Hot Air" science came to be.

1722050623716.png

History of Ballooning - Delmarva Balloon Rides

“We didn’t have tornadoes here until they started putting in the traffic circles. Cause, on account of — you want to know why? When people go round and round in circles, it causes disturbance in the atmosphere, and causes tornadoes.”

I was the first person in New Zealand to do a full quarter-mile burnout on a drag strip here . . .

. . . and I believe the last also. :rofl: Some people were not happy that it had been done.

My Neighbour broke the world blown door slammer record (unofficial) record

The word "Gringo" used by
Hispanics to describe white
Americans stems from a
marching cadence sung by
American soldiers called
"Green Grows the Grass"
"Green Grows" interpeted
by them as "Gringo" during
the Spanish/American war.

The coldest temperature ever recorded in the contiguous United States (Lower 48) is −70°F (−56.7°C) at Rogers Pass, Montana, on January 20, 1954.

Australian Mining town Kalgoorlie streets were once paved with gold .

Streets paved with gold​

Back in the early gold rush days of 1893, prospectors found rocks with so much visible gold, they assumed it was pyrite, otherwise known as Fool’s Gold. These rocks were later used for construction when people began building town roads through Kalgoorlie.

It was only a few years later in 1896 that people realised those rocks were in fact, tellurides - a compound of gold and tellurium. Once this discovery was made, people reportedly started tearing up the paving of the town to get the gold beneath their feet!

Anyone who finds uranium in New Zealand is to report it to the government within three months.

Every high school in New Zealand is allowed to have one pound of uranium and one pound of thorium, for conducting experiments. But if there’s ever a nuclear explosion, schools will have to pay a $1,000,000 fine.

New Zealand will deny residency visas if a person’s BMI is too high.

Under New Zealand law, the Whanganui River has the exact same rights as a human being.

It’s a crime to deface a banknote in NZ.

In NZ, it's a crime to make any loud or disturbing noise near whales.

New Zealand has repealed the laws of annoying kite-flying, malicious bell-ringing and using dogs or goats to drive vehicles. So now my goat drives while I drink.

Anyone who finds uranium in New Zealand is to report it to the government within three months.

Every high school in New Zealand is allowed to have one pound of uranium and one pound of thorium, for conducting experiments. But if there’s ever a nuclear explosion, schools will have to pay a $1,000,000 fine.

New Zealand will deny residency visas if a person’s BMI is too high.

Under New Zealand law, the Whanganui River has the exact same rights as a human being.

It’s a crime to deface a banknote in NZ.

In NZ, it's a crime to make any loud or disturbing noise near whales.

New Zealand has repealed the laws of annoying kite-flying, malicious bell-ringing and using dogs or goats to drive vehicles. So now my goat drives while I drink.
"So now my goat drives while I drink."
Is it the dog's job to open
Fosters for ya?
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back