• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proform vs Holley

mech440

Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a new carb for the 440... just a mild build.. (purple shaft cam, ported cast iron heads, etc..) wanted to know opinion on Holley carbs vs Proforms??? good, bed? indifferent????
\Been looking at the new ultra street avenger 750 from Holley or the Proform 750????

All opinions wanted... even other sugestions...... hanx all!!!

I have a holley 830, the one with no choke. I am on the 6th year on the street with a 500 incher and have not had one issue yet eith the holley carb.

"Purple shaft" means nothing. ALL M.P. cams are "purple shafts"

"Purple shaft" means nothing. ALL M.P. cams are "purple shafts"

Tis true ... I guess I was just trying to say the is not radical!?!? Like I said, mild build , not going to race it just want to drive/play.. terorrize the local chevy boys:tongueflap::grin:

Personally I prefer a good Carter (or Edelbrock) to a Holley. Easier to deal with on all levels and performs well too

I've used the proform metering blocks on some of our circle track motors in customer's car and have had leaks but none in the last 2 years so I guess their QC has improved. I don't use their products on my personal car though...

Auto Transport Service
Back