• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting A/C in my 62 Belvedere....Finally!

Oh baby!!!
20240907_164225.jpg

It took about 18oz of r134a. Wow this is nice! I still need to finish welding up my bracket and need to get a better fitting belt. Bought one that is 55" and there is no adjustment it is so tight, so 57" will be ordered.
20240907_163644.jpg

Looks nice just like it belongs there.

I also forgot. The kit comes with an electric fan and fan plug in the harness. I don't know if I need it, but I have it in case. I might upgrade the alternator to an internal regulated Denso to make sure I get constant voltage to the a/c and fan, if I decide to install it.

I finally got off the fence and decided to put A/C in my 62 Belvedere. After looking at Classic Air and Vintage Air, I decided to go a less expensive route...Amazon Chinese A/C kit.

$575 complete to my door. Plus I bought an A/C line crimper to get the lines together. I already have the tools to pull vacuum and add in the required 12 Oz r134a.

Unwrapping.... picture of everything included.
View attachment 1716454View attachment 1716455View attachment 1716456View attachment 1716457

First thing I did was fabricate a bracket for the compressor. I welded up a piece on the top of the factory alternator bracket. There was plenty of room. On the back, I bent up and welded in a tab.
View attachment 1716458View attachment 1716459View attachment 1716460View attachment 1716461View attachment 1716462

The compressor, when bolted on in front of the bracket, lines up the nearest pulley with the crank and alternator.

I need to get a 2 groove crank pulley and idler Pulley to do it right. I have a web in the marketplace if anyone has anything.

I have the condenser set where I want it. It needs a bracket welded up on the passenger side.
View attachment 1716463

Tomorrow I start running lines, cutting holes and crimping fittings. Stay tuned.
I purchased the mount and compressor from Bouchillon for my poly 318 1963 Polara

Auto Transport Service
Back