• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question For The Gear Vendor Folks

beanhead

Easily Offensive
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
When running an H-pipe exhaust, did you have to relocate the crossover? I have the older TTI H-pipe setup (3") on mine. '68 Plymouth. Looks like it will be close, just wondering what some of you have run into.
Thanks!

I’m also running the TTI 3” exhaust with H pipe and the H had to be relocated. 69 Bee.

I had a GV in my car from 2012 to around 2014. I did have to cut out the center "H" pipe and move it rearward to clear the GV unit.

Okay thanks guys, I'm still trying to get motivated to get started but I'll expect to rework the exhaust.
Thanks

When you cut the new holes to relocate the H, try and save the circle cut outs and these can be used to weld cover the original holes.

Okay thanks guys, I'm still trying to get motivated to get started but I'll expect to rework the exhaust.
Thanks

When you cut the new holes to relocate the H, try and save the circle cut outs and these can be used to weld cover the original holes.
Yes I'd planned on that, thank you. Ready-made slugs!

Of course....me being me I'm already entertaining the idea of putting an 'X' in there just to see how it compares:rolleyes:
My picture should be in Brewer's Phrase and Fable next to "can't leave well enough alone" LOL

Could cut the H-pipe and use a 45* elbow pipe to go under what you miss? Would it hang to low?

Could cut the H-pipe and use a 45* elbow pipe to go under what you miss? Would it hang to low?
Thanks Fran, that's another option I've considered...but yeah I think it might hang a little low as my exhaust isn't tucked up as tight as I'd like it to be. Last time out I used TTI's 3" pipe kit (also have their headers) and frankly I don't think it's the greatest fit....not bad by any means, but it doesn't "disappear" like I'd like it to, mostly due to where the headers live.

Auto Transport Service
Back