• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Ribbed pulleys and belts maybe??
Are you referring to serpentine? Since it won't be done before winter I might be able to save up before next season, until then I might have to live with it.

If you haven't already read some of my other threads "DONE, FINSHED, COMPLETE" motor now sounds and runs as it should or at least for a break in. The Percey soft aluminum header gaskets along with cutting the flanges has sealed up the headers and the cam sounds rather quiet for a solid lifter "finally". Now I feel free to move forward, I also figured out the Cruze alignment issues and will be getting it inspected next Wed so it will be out of my hair as well. Yesterday my buddy came out to hear it run so I took advantage of the extra hands and got the tips tacked onto the mufflers so the exhaust is now an hour from being complete. I'm kicking around the idea of making the scoop from scratch, and have a few pics to show you "tell me what you think" (the far right one would have bars made from aluminum as a grill). Also started straightening the sill plates out "fun fun". Still waiting on a reply on my rump stripes then I'll get serious about getting some paint on it but for now I'm going to button up allot of loose ends. I've got a timing tape to install (only have 12 degree's on my pointer) a Lokar transmission cable and some tidying up to do in the motor compartment. Video coming soon DSCN8323.jpgDSCN8306.jpgDSCN8309.jpgDSCN8307.jpgDSCN8313.jpgDSCN8314.jpgDSCN8316.jpg Not sure what I'm going to do with the deep scratches in the fluted part, maybe a triangle file? I am kinda liking the brushed look though, how would you keep it from oxidizing? I've just been sanding until I see a low spot then beat it out and keep repeating, easily manipulated and sanded and shouldn't be to hard to make them nice again. For those who haven't used the Percey gaskets here's what they look like.

Glad everything finally worked out for ya! Now where's the test drive video? :popcorn:

Personally I like the idea of the 6-pack looking scoop you drew. Only scoop I've ever really thought looked good on a Charger hood other than maybe a hemi scoop. A 6 pack style shaker would be pretty cool I think

And I feel your pain on straightening the sill plates. I've been working on the I-beam trim from my grille that was all beat to crap for the past 2 days, a few hours after work, and it's finally resembling a nice straight piece. The curves are a pain in the *** so hopefully your trim up there is ok lol

looking good...as for the scoops i like the top and bottom one. jmo.

Glad everything finally worked out for ya! Now where's the test drive video? :popcorn:

Personally I like the idea of the 6-pack looking scoop you drew. Only scoop I've ever really thought looked good on a Charger hood other than maybe a hemi scoop. A 6 pack style shaker would be pretty cool I think

And I feel your pain on straightening the sill plates. I've been working on the I-beam trim from my grille that was all beat to crap for the past 2 days, a few hours after work, and it's finally resembling a nice straight piece. The curves are a pain in the *** so hopefully your trim up there is ok lol

Wish I could say they were "they're pretty bad" bad enough that I'm considering forking out $350.00 for new ones unless I can find some decent ones. When you say "6 pack" are you referring to the bottom one or the one to the right? If I make a new one from scratch I'll be sure to do a step by step (my dad built an airplane so I've got a little experience with molds and fiberglass, maybe it will help someone). Test video is a while off (no windows, plates or lights yet) but a video of it running should be this weekend if I get the video figured out. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

looking good...as for the scoops i like the top and bottom one. jmo.
I'm leaning towards that look, right now I like the bottom one and the one on the right. I really like the look of the new Dodge Ram grills (swept out at the top) so I thought I'd try that "still thinking". The goal is to make something that looked like it could have come on it not a copy of something else. Thanks

Ouch.. 350 bucks? Can the originals be polished back nice if they're straightened I'm guessing? I saw that I beam piece is 200 bucks on eBay so it that was an easy decision to fix mine lol

And I meant something between the lines of the top and bottom drawings (think "scoop chopped out of an A12 hood turned into a shaker"). Think it'd look pretty awesome especially if the scoop/shaker assembly was done in satin black against the orange of your car :thinker:

68_sixpack_hood.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Something along those lines, "low profile, forward-leaning" would lend itself nicely to the car I think

Gotcha, and yes I'm leaning towards flat black or the textured black look they used with 456 in chrome or brushed aluminum. Dammit, I can see where this is going already "Mach scoop going on Ebay" more itching and cussing.

Here we go again, I was looking around on Ebay at wheels and came across these "I freakin love em" and they're affordable. I've been a little sketchy on the others "to Fordish" but think these are the ones, they come in the right sizes (offset and all) best of all I can drive right to Summit and get them.cll-9152154545_w.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

How about this Speedy? Kinda shaped like the 6 pack scoop with a pointed nose to match the Charger. Here's a little preview of the finished tips. I'll install tomorrow night and hopefully have a video Sat.DSCN8334.jpgDSCN8331.jpgDSCN8333.jpgDSCN8330.jpg

whoa...i like the wheels, i like the exhaust, and like the scoop. now lets see this bad boy come together!!!

whoa...i like the wheels, i like the exhaust, and like the scoop. now lets see this bad boy come together!!!
I must say I'm getting really excited to see it myself, I hate seeing all these sweet cars on here with nice wheels and then go to the garage only to find my rusty five spoke truck wheels LOL. Thanks USA

Now we're talkin, I like that scoop! I say keep that angle/point to the nose as shallow (subtle) as possible while still being noticeable, since the point the hood is also pretty shallow. Maybe try and match the two as close as possible? But that looks awesome! I'm excited to see it jump off the paper and onto the car :icon_thumleft:

And those wheels look great! What sizes you going with?

Damn to say that exhaust came out cool would be a huge understatement

Now we're talkin, I like that scoop! I say keep that angle/point to the nose as shallow (subtle) as possible while still being noticeable, since the point the hood is also pretty shallow. Maybe try and match the two as close as possible? But that looks awesome! I'm excited to see it jump off the paper and onto the car :icon_thumleft:

And those wheels look great! What sizes you going with?

Damn to say that exhaust came out cool would be a huge understatement
Thanks Speady, glad you like it (better replies than the Mach scoop got) haha. As for the wheel sizes.................I'm gonna copy you if you don't mind "your combo looks sweet". I remember you saying you were using spacers, what backspacing did you get P.S what width did you use for the front. I'm looking at 18"X9.5 with 5" backspacing and not sure on the front yet 17"X 7 or 8. Your compliments on the exhaust are much appreciated, quite a bit of work but am really happy with the look and sound "can't wait to post a video for you guys".

- - - Updated - - -

Yea we need pics and video! Those mufflers turned out great.
Thanks BB61, soon my friend.

i have a six pack scoop that i put on my stock hood,,,,for me i dont like it,i have now come to the conclusion that a 3.5 in cowl hood is the only thing that flows with the body shape of a 2nd gen charger.
69218_490790817646299_1031436378_n.jpg

this one is just a little to tall for me,needs to be about 1in shorter

1185418_564447063614007_209241732_n.jpg

CDR, I think your car looks pretty bad@$$ more so than the other. Sorry but when I see a cowl induction I see Chevy, Mopar always used scoops that looked more like bird eaters. Also keep in mind that mine being a shaker it will be a mini version. I like your car "sweet".

Yep definitely a more mopar looking scoop than the mach :icon_thumleft: if you don't mind maybe when I get back to the shop I'll do a little sketch of that scoop with a couple little tweaks?

And yeah no problem! Only thing I would've done different would be wider rears but 9.5" was the widest they had. But yeah if I remember correctly 5" backspace was supposed to be the way to go with the rears but don't trust me, take some measurements on your car first if you can. The fronts on mine are 17x8's with 4.5" backspace, fit like a glove

Looking forward to the video! :popcorn:

Everything is looking great. I still can't believe you made your own mufflers - can't wait to hear them. Your wheel choice will look tough on the car. I think if you absolutely have to put a scoop on a Charger it should be something like cdr has, or close to it like your drawing with the "456" but with less of a point in front.

Yep definitely a more mopar looking scoop than the mach :icon_thumleft: if you don't mind maybe when I get back to the shop I'll do a little sketch of that scoop with a couple little tweaks?

And yeah no problem! Only thing I would've done different would be wider rears but 9.5" was the widest they had. But yeah if I remember correctly 5" backspace was supposed to be the way to go with the rears but don't trust me, take some measurements on your car first if you can. The fronts on mine are 17x8's with 4.5" backspace, fit like a glove

Looking forward to the video! :popcorn:
Really, you wanted wider? I have 14" inside to outside (7"in 7" out) in my wells. The reason I say "really" is because a 9.5 is actually 10.5 overall making a 12" tire a nice fit with a little sidewall bulge where an 11" wheel would be 12" wide making the sidewalls flat. I want 12"s with an little clearance on each side. Yeah, by all means if you want to draw up a picture go for it "who knows it may end up on the car". My Rump Stripe decal was a picture I had drawn up for my helmet (used to race motorcross) that a friend took and completely redrew for me (never got it painted on a helmet but kept it all these years and now it just seems perfect for the car). Sorry, ignore the repeat scoop pic "windows 8 can be a pain". DSCN7505.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Everything is looking great. I still can't believe you made your own mufflers - can't wait to hear them. Your wheel choice will look tough on the car. I think if you absolutely have to put a scoop on a Charger it should be something like cdr has, or close to it like your drawing with the "456" but with less of a point in front.
Thanks hunt, appreciate the encouragement. By the "if you must" I take it your not digging it, haha. I know what your thinking "why, when they have such a beautiful hood already" and your exactly right, I chickened out on it for that reason (loved the hood) but the guy who media blasted the underside completely destroyed it "I was literally sick to my stomach when I brought it home and had to have a few drinks to calm down". I always wanted a shaker and the hood wasn't salvageable (imagine every opening on the bottom, now imagine all of those spots warped severally on the top" as you can imagine very little original metal is left. I do believe that is the scoop I'm going with and won't be quite that pointy.

- - - Updated - - -

Auto Transport Service
Back