• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rust revival

Though I would do an update on the car just to let people know I STILL intend to finish it...even though I haven't actually worked on it in two years.
Blows me away how time flys by.

Made some changes to the stable that kinda worked against getting to the Dodge in a timely fashion. I HAD a long term project (32 Ford)...a medium term project (74 Landcruiser) and my 63 which I originally intended to be done before the other two.
Well...we know how plans go! loL

The 'Cruiser is close to paint but on the back burner...the 32 Ford (very rough) was traded for the 454 powered T bucket I posted earlier in the thread and THAT has been taking up my time.
I'm painting it tomorrow and then I can reassemble it in a week or two.
That will be one project down.
What can I say...I'm a total sucker for open air, unfendered Hot rods...so it got done! LoL :headbang:

I think the Dodge will be home this fall to become the main project again.
One nice thing has transpired...in that I have a good tip on a two door donor car!
Hmmmmm....now that makes me want at it again even more!

Keep up the great work guys! Sure are some nice cars going together on this site.
All the best!

image.jpg Is this a similar car? Amazing thread.

A fella that hand fab's rails/connectors for a rotted out 4 door.. Now that's a true car guy!!!

Pretty welding and Kudo's for taking on such a project!!!
x2
My 67 coronet 440 is a 4 door.... do you all realize how rare these 4door cars are becoming?? Leave it a 4 I know everyone likes to crawl over seats as we get older and fatter....I had minor rust in my floor put a 12"x18" piece in and put in sub frame connectors also because they should be factory any way...

Time does fly faster then we think but you'll get it! Cant give up or the rust will catch up with time flying by the way it does! A T-Bucket would have to be a cool ride and fun as heck, You cant beat those old hot-rods! Hard to not get them done and especially for some open summer fun in them :) Please post some pictures when ya paint it.....

Hey guys...still alive and kickin'! LoL
Things are moving along to make a restart on the Dodge this spring as I will finally have it back home from storage. I've decided to do some remodeling in my basement to get back the inhouse garage I lost to a bedroom for my youngest son.
My daughter will be moving out after Christmas so the T bucket will move right in once the relocation of rooms is complete.
THEN I will have a free bay in the shop to bring my other girl home! :D
Really miss doing metal work. Been a year and a half since I really did any sheetmetal at home.

Going next week to pick up a 318/trans combo I was given. It was in a 56 Ford (?) and the new owner has no interest in that combo..although it fits surprisingly well.
It was the previous owners eternal project so the engine is weather stuck despite being in a garage all those years, BUT the trans was rebuilt 20 years ago and only got driven home so I'm hopeful it will still be in great shape.
I will have it taken apart and inspected to make sure it isn't dried right out or something from the long layup.
It will be a spare for the Poly transmission.
Anyway....all this has put the Dodge squarely back in my mind although I can't take it home quite yet...but its coming, I promise! :D
Snow hit before I could get out to central to get the 2 dr quarter pieces and doors I've been told about. That will have to wait till spring now.

Ron...heres a couple of pics of the T for ya....
It's an open air blast and at 2000# with the 454 in it...it runs along pretty good! Hahaha

Have a great big Merry Christmas guys and I hope you all get your stockings filled with Mopar trinkets! :D

Attachments

• 10703711_10152770672874766_2512669299518686630_na.jpg
    10703711_10152770672874766_2512669299518686630_na.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 2014-09-28 10.01.44aa.jpg
    2014-09-28 10.01.44aa.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 10458457_10152366381862592_8369615936317844242_nrsf.jpg
    10458457_10152366381862592_8369615936317844242_nrsf.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 315
Thanks man, That is something!!! oh i i would love to drive one of these someday! I pray you have a Merry CHRISTMAS yourself and you get that Dodge home and started!!!

I should add just for a laugh...I measured the 454 and compared it to the 318 Poly.
The Poly is almost 2" WIDER!
That would be one impressive looking engine all painted up and in an open hood Roadster!!!
Someone should make clear valve covers for those Polys...just to show off that impressive cross-flow, Hemi like valve layout. So sweet.

I am just itching to do an old rod and drop the 493 stroker into it. Really nice T man.

UPDATES, UPDATES, UPDATES, UPDATES, please!

Wish I had some Mopar progress to post but nada on that!

My daughter moved about a month ago and my basement is currently getting the makeover I mentioned, so I can soon get my basement garage back open.
Dodge remains in storage across town but will be coming home this spring.

I'm doing a top and some other mods to the T this winter to make it a bit more weather friendly for next summers trip to the Atlantic Nats.
My son and I got there in a daily driver this year because I missed taking the T by 1 days work!
I was actually lucky...as about 500 miles out we got severe rain.
I would have had to stop under an overpass somewhere and then limp home the next day if we had of been in the T. It was torrential!!!
Roof, side curtains and a hood going on this winter.
Thats the ONLY way I can guarantee perfect sunny days for the full week we are gone next year! :D

The basement bay will get the Landcruiser and the main bay of my backyard shop will be left open to allow me to do repairs to my regular driver etc. Haven't had that luxury in 4 years now!

Soooo...things are working towards getting back at it finally. I haven't lost the lust to drive it and can't wait to start a 2 door conversion.
The monthly storage payment I painfully make proves that! LoL

Hope you all had a fantastic summer!!!

Hey Black, do you have any updates? Very impressive so far.

Hello I am not usually a b body guy but my 63 4 door Savoy kind of fell into my lap so the story goes. I have decided to turn mine into a 2 dr post car because I am not old enough to be seen in a 4 dr yet lol. You set have inspired me to keep going. My car is no where near as far gone as yours with only 59000 miles on it. I have also decided to change it from a slant six three on the tree to a 440 4 spd. I am just like you a back yard guy with no bodywork skills to speak of other than being self taught and a welder by trade. Here are a few pics to show what I have done.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I'd love to do a 2dr post conversion, but not for this summer with all the work required.
I'm planning on driving it as soon as possible and doing a conversion as well as everything else would simply be impossible.
I'm going to see what I can find this summer.

Who knows though. I DO like the car as a 4 door and you can't beat the convenience. I guess we'll see where it goes....

I started this project in early January and I'm posting things now in a catch up fashion.
This isn't getting done as fast as my posts make it seem.
I'm working nights and weekends as much as I can on it. :D

Hi guys,
Newbie here, although we love our Mopar's like anywhere else they are getting to be scarce and very expensive to import. I converted a 69 four door Coronet into a 2 door post coupe for my daughter. We swapped out the old and tied 318 for a much more lanky 383 with auto, the car was an original three speed manual on the column. The challenge was to relocate the post and elongate the front door to be the same size as the standard 2 door. It took a bit of metal work but was not that difficult to do and although the rear wind shield is clearly different the overall car look turned out great. I have pics on my phone of the car and will post later, however again we do not have the ability to find 2 door coupes here and have to do whatever it takes to make them run and look good. The bottom line is truly that the necessity for invention is need!
Thanks
Bill Mak.

Auto Transport Service
Back