• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sadly, this is the Air Forces NEW KC-46 tanker patch...WTF??

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
I've been with the Air Force and the DOD for 36 years now.
I thought I had seen it all.

Until now:
We at Edwards perform Experimental Flight test and Flight test for all of the US Air Force's 'aircraft.
Usually the "patch" design is neat/cool

Until now:

Check out the Boeing/USAF KC-46 PEGASUS Tanker patch:

Note: This is not a Joke!

Attachments

• usaf-boeing-velcro-patch-kc-46a-my-little-pegasus-experimental-flight-test_151844006507.jpg
    usaf-boeing-velcro-patch-kc-46a-my-little-pegasus-experimental-flight-test_151844006507.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 3,027
I can hear all my old buddies long gone, from the 1970 USAF era rolling in their graves! Where do they keep their Purses? No PC here, sorry.

I have a very hard time believing that is the official patch. I was an AF flyer my entire career. I have to call bullshit on that patch! Perhaps as a novelty or a "Friday" or morale patch, but an official patch??? No way.

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

I'm freaking here right now at Edwards AFB...
It's 1450 Hrs and I just left the building 50 minutes ago....

I too can believe it but that is what my bud just showed me.

I was with him for the past 15 years on the F-22 and he just went to the new Tanker program and that patch is there!
I looked the pic up "on-line" because I cant use my cell phone here at the F-22 Facility.

I HATE it and I too am shocked!

And Patrick66, its not the official patch, it's the patch for experimental Test flight
The Aircraft is being Flight tested here for the next few years before it is mass produced...
BUT: You already knew that....
Cuz your an ex flyer

I'm so ******* glad I'm retired, otherwise I'd be in big *** trouble with the SAPR people.

I'm freaking here right now at Edwards AFB...
It's 1450 Hrs and I just left the building 50 minutes ago....

I too can believe it but that is what my bud just showed me.

I was with him for the past 15 years on the F-22 and he just went to the new Tanker program and that patch is there!
I looked the pic up "on-line" because I cant use my cell phone here at the F-22 Facility.

I HATE it and I too am shocked!

It's Friday, as well. We had really cool patches we would wear on Friday only, and could be damn near anything! I think your friend is yanking your chain, Ski.

In the unlikely event that is the real patch (see the ones I posted above as the real deal, I'll bet money!), then the AF has officially gone off the deep end, and I'm glad I'm retired.

In the unlikely event that is the real patch (see the ones I posted above as the real deal, I'll bet money!), then the AF has officially gone off the deep end, and I'm glad I'm retired.

Pat - How long have you been out, and what'd you do? I retired in Feb. of this year. I was forced to retire, it's real bad now. Be thankful.

I believe it is likely, as a very good friend retired at 20 years one year ago, as for the first time a woman was appointed the squadron Commander of a flying unit, and she has not one hour of flying experience. Non Rated, Period. He resigned in disgust.

I believe it is likely, as a very good friend retired at 20 years one year ago, as for the first time a woman was appointed the squadron Commander of a flying unit, and she has not one hour of flying experience. Non Rated, Period. He resigned in disgust.

I guess I'm missing something here?

Ever since World War II The Squadron Commander had to be rated to fly all the types of Planes under his or her command. Not be appointed because or their Sex. And, Definitely not if they weren't even Rated Pilots. The appointment was clearly a political one.
I guess I'm missing something here?

Non-rated officers have been able to command flying squadrons for a while, now.

according to my friend it has never happened in that unit. But, I'll ask him again.

Man....I've been gone from the AF since 73. Said good bye to them and they said good bye to me. Completely done without having to do any reserve duty. The AF wasn't too bad for me at times but for the most part, it sucked. How was it compared to going to Nam? It was great!

I'll have to show my dad he'll be pissed he was a boom for 24+ years on the 135 and finished on the 10's. He retired 3 years ago though.

I have 2 granddaughter's that would think it was cool but when did the AF put 10 year olds and under in command?

WOW...my childhood buddy's dad is rolling over in his grave!!! RIP Herb

That is a great shot. I am happy to see how many ex AF people are on the site. We all I believe did our best, and did our jobs to the best of our abilities. I am from the older crowd(1970-80), and saw a different AF than the younger group. Being on a SAC base at the Height of the cold War gave me some great memories of some very fine people. But I have every faith, despite the treatment the Military is getting, That a equally dilligent and hard working group is still at the core of the USAF. They will outlive the person in Charge, and be appreciated again.

patch

This is/was my combat duty patch, the 449th Combat Aviation Brigade. I don't think I'd wear that thing on my shoulder.
449th-avn-bde-multicam.jpg

I got out of the Air Force after one hitch in '69 so I missed most of this type of BS. My brother retired in the early 80s after 24 years. He wanted to go to 30 but he saw all the BS that was coming down the road and he just couldn't stand it anymore. He told me "If I don't have the authority to take care of my own squadron the right way, I'm out".

Auto Transport Service
Back