• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sadly, this is the Air Forces NEW KC-46 tanker patch...WTF??

If you're going to have a "girly"patch...

batwoman.jpg

GREAT PATCH BRU!

Yup,
We had a Marilyn Monroe art work on one of our ARIA "back in the day"

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 249
Good Lord.... Unless of-course, the goal is to piss off Islam... Mission accomplished!

That's just an Army outfit. Geeze... you guys wear Army clothes, fly Navy airplanes, and probably wear Coast Guard undies. Does the USAF do anything that's original? I mean, besides the gay ascot thing? :)

This:

View attachment 297316:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

No, you forget the McPeak years. Changing uniforms "just because". He was the epitome of asshole "leadership". All he cared about was looks, not performance. NO ONE misses that jackwagon.

Bru, you sound downright jealous!

Nice photo Tuck!
Didn't have your "wreath" yet....

Not me Ski. Just a pic I grabbed from Facebook but it sure does say it all now doesn't it???cr8crshr/Tuck

- - - Updated - - -

No, you forget the McPeak years. Changing uniforms "just because". He was the epitome of asshole "leadership". All he cared about was looks, not performance. NO ONE misses that jackwagon.

He is jealous and extremely so. Hell he joined a branch of Service over 300 plus years old and to this day they still cannot get it right or together. He talks about our uniforms as though we are wearing hand me downs. The BDU was issued to both the Army and AF yet he thinks that way. Yet they had to wear those silly denim bell bottoms and blue shirt with that funny little hat for their utilities up until the last few years. Now they wear what is now known as the "Blue Berry Utility" and even that looks lame compared to the Army, Air Force and Marine uniform. Really now Bru...cr8crshr/Tuck

Last edited:

Thanks Patrick66 for helping me remember the MvPeak era and TQM...LOL
1991, 1992 ish through 1996?

You come out of the BX and swing a salute cuz it looks like a Major, but it's a kid, the BDU hat simply had a brown spot on center that looked like an oak leaf!

Yup, I remember that CRAPPY year...

That's just an Army outfit. Geeze... you guys wear Army clothes, fly Navy airplanes, and probably wear Coast Guard undies. Does the USAF do anything that's original? I mean, besides the gay ascot thing? :)[/QUOTE

Last time I checked, C-5's, C-17's and Strategic Bombers were ALL Air Force only assets. If it weren't for those particular assets, the other branches would not be able to get to the "softened" targets with the equipment needed to mop up in any kind of "timely" manner!
Seriously, as an Air Crew member I interacted with all branches and everyone of us are brothers and sisters in arms!

Darius;910360729 Last time I checked said:
Sorry Darius, but this ol' Tanker Toad has to say that, "Nobody Kicks *** Without Tanker Gas, Nobody!" It's just the way it is. And I hauled trash too.

And carpets from the ME...and car parts...and an occasional motorcycle! Oh, wait, that was the guys I flew with!

:popcorn:

this is great! I love hearing military guys ragging on each other (in good fun of course :) )

Always in good fun. Now how many of my AF comrades have there homes decorated in early MAC????cr8crshr/Tuck

More of a TAC guy, myself. But NOT that horrible two-tone tan that was the "highlight" of General Creech. I remember when he went on a tear to have ALL USAF buildings painted that horrible dual-tan color with the ridiculous "racing stripe" incorporated. Even water towers!

Me... jealous... no way. If anything I'm pretty pissed that they've got our sailors today running around in those God-awful blue camouflage BDU-looking monstrosities. And when they're not wearing those, they have them in the black pants and khaki shirts with collar insignia instead of rating badges. Time used to be you knew not only that a sailor was a sailor, but what he/she did by looking at their uniform. Now it's just one-size-fits-all.

But... at least the BDUs they wear are a different color and pattern from the ground forces, which is a step up from the USAF. :) And berets... seriously???

- - - Updated - - -

Last time I checked, C-5's, C-17's and Strategic Bombers were ALL Air Force only assets. If it weren't for those particular assets, the other branches would not be able to get to the "softened" targets with the equipment needed to mop up in any kind of "timely" manner!
Seriously, as an Air Crew member I interacted with all branches and everyone of us are brothers and sisters in arms!

That's true, but do they need to be? I mean, why do we need an Air Force these days? The only reason we have an Air Force was because of the belief that the Army was too fixated on ground fighting and not enough on aviation, and strategic nuclear forces were so new that we needed a dedicated force to control them. Pretty weak argument, but it worked, but does it still hold up today? Anyone else remember when the USAF had a poop-fit when the Army started getting guided missiles for air defense and the wing wipers were running around saying they were the only force capable of handling missiles? Seems like the USAF has never grasped the concept of "emerging technologies" and now they're doing the same stupid crap in regards to drones.

My view is anyone can fly a cargo bird. Navy VR and and Marine VRM squadrons have been hauling cargo, both ashore and to ships at sea, for decades. Navy and Marine pilots can land aircraft ashore and at sea, while Air Force guys are land-based only. And do we really need strategic bombers any more? Granted, bombs are cheaper than missiles, but when you look at the cost of maintaining a B-52/B-1/B-2 fleet year after year, and you look at how often they are used, missiles are a bargain. So why exactly do we still need a USAF?

Lol, my 4 year old daughter would love this. She told me that Rainbow Dash is the fastest pony in all of Equestria. Geez, I'm glad I'm still working the old 135s though eventually we'll need to get the new tankers or they will disband our unit. 5 more years and either way I don't care. I'm originally a F-16 troop and was a member of the Fireballs, Pantons, and Black Widows. I'd be embarrassed to say I'm a member of the rainbow ponies, Marines give us enough **** as it is. Good thing we don't wear our squadron patches on our uniforms anymore.

And do we really need strategic bombers any more? So why exactly do we still need a USAF?

Because nobody, NOBODY Kicks *** Without Tanker Gas, Nobody!

But... at least the BDUs they wear are a different color and pattern from the ground forces, which is a step up from the USAF. :) And berets... seriously???- - - Updated - - -

There's a reason for that. The TacPs and Combat Controllers were getting targeted because they were identified by the enemy. They figured out they were directing air traffic to targets so wearing the same uniform as the Army unit they were attached to kept them from standing out. Ever heard the saying jack of all trades master of none. That's why we have a USAF, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.

More of a TAC guy, myself. But NOT that horrible two-tone tan that was the "highlight" of General Creech. I remember when he went on a tear to have ALL USAF buildings painted that horrible dual-tan color with the ridiculous "racing stripe" incorporated. Even water towers!

I was: "Air Force Systems Command"

PS: All of Edwards is that "Deseret Tan"

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, my 4 year old daughter would love this. She told me that Rainbow Dash is the fastest pony in all of Equestria. Geez, I'm glad I'm still working the old 135s though eventually we'll need to get the new tankers or they will disband our unit. 5 more years and either way I don't care. I'm originally a F-16 troop and was a member of the Fireballs, Pantons, and Black Widows. I'd be embarrassed to say I'm a member of the rainbow ponies, Marines give us enough **** as it is. Good thing we don't wear our squadron patches on our uniforms anymore.

Rainbow Dash!

Cool!

"My Little Pegasus"

Attachments

• usaf-boeing-velcro-patch-kc-46a-my-little-pegasus-experimental-flight-test_151844006507.jpg
    usaf-boeing-velcro-patch-kc-46a-my-little-pegasus-experimental-flight-test_151844006507.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 214
Auto Transport Service
Back